1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on homes in DFW with possible boat docks

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Mar 30, 2021.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Rob, have you considered waiting until they're hitched and popped a kid before making the jump? Also, what are you doing with your forklift company?

I'm available for life consulting and sponsorship services.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well i’m still waiting for that promised sponsorship and based on that, I will consider other services you offer, including renting precrashed Indian shitpiles!!!:D

Yea just doing some research, mama is hell bent on looking now because stuff has gone up so much over the past 8 years my daughter has lived here.

But if we find the right thing I could see pulling the trigger and renting it until we would possibly move out to Texas.

motion likes this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Tell her you'd rather spend the money on motorbikes.

4. Boman Forklift

She already knows that, but actually I would rather buy another fun sports car versus a bike.

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Then once she divorces you ... you can. :D

6. Boman Forklift

She may divorce me but it won’t be for that. I owned 10-12 bikes and a few cars when we met, so she already knows I like toys.

I only have around 8 bikes and scooters now, so I am doing better. lolol

BigBird likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Hey @auminer have they listed this? We are going out this weekend and will be looking at places again.

Thank you,
    rob

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Not as of last Friday. I can text him and ask if he wants to facilitate you having a look-see if you want...

How cool would that be! :D

I will be there tomorrow and can send you the realtor information. Tonight I will look at my dashcam from last Friday and see if I can read the sign, but I am dubious that will work.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Like I thought, dashcam is not sufficient resolution to read the sign from this angle. I will see if I can get ahold of the guy today, as well as send you the realtor info. Can't promise he'll be open to showing this weekend, but I can try.

[​IMG]

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Thank you. We fly out tomorrow morning and are flying out Monday afternoon. We are scheduled on Saturday afternoon/evening with an event, and I know my wife already got in touch with our agent and scheduled us going back out to The tribute.

Here is the golf course in The Tribute. https://www.golfclubsatthetribute.com/ I'm not a golfer, I always told people if I was going to spend a day away from home I would rather go racing vs. chasing a white ball? However, maybe I should pick it up in my Golden Years.:crackup::crackup:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  11. Boman Forklift

So I haven't yet met with these people, but I think you have an excellent idea. Especially since I don't seem to be finding what I want with a dock. This seems really reasonable, once you take ownership costs, hassle to transport, depreciation, etc. into account.

I got an email from them and they have packages that have a one time initiation fee of $2-6K, and then a monthly expense of $200-400 as I recall, which actually seems reasonable to me. Once you start making boat payments, insurance, dock maintenance, boat maintenance, etc. it actually seems excellent to me. However you have to be willing to like smaller style boats, which I think I'm fine with, since I don't yet know what I don't know, about boating. :D Plus I like that I could take out a water skiing boat one day and then have a party boat ( pontoon boat) another day or even later that day if I booked it appropriately.

I just can't jump up and go walk to the dock and take off whenever I want, which was the original idea I had, when wanting a boat dock. I could be working and then jump in the boat and go take my wife out for lunch, and then go back to work, was my original idea. Or the grand kids come over on a whim and we go play around on jet skis, or a speed boat, etc. I could have seen me have a dock that allowed 2 boats and have one super fast boat, and then a pontoon boat for cruising around and having a party on the water.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    worthless likes this.