1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on homes in DFW with possible boat docks

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Take a good look at Lake Lewisville, good recommendation. It’s pretty over there. About 15 minutes from me and plenty of places to get out of that watercraft. Let me know if I can help in some way.

jonathanp and Boman Forklift like this.
  2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

i thought if it f's or floats, you rent it :Poke:

SuddenBraking likes this.
  4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You better not buy a house out from under me! You rich assed Californians with your giant bags of money are ruining everything! :crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

6. Boman Forklift

You are okay, I’m a cheap fucker!!! :crackup:

I actually owned a house in Lakeway, in the early 90s, but not currently planning to look in the Austin area, so you are safe from this Californian.

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That was not very smart... :crackup:
    I am not sure why but I have always preferred Cresson. Me and my old beater seem to mesh with that track better.

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am looking to get out of the Austin area right now. But if we both end up somewhere close to Dallas I know I will have someone to go to the track with as long as you do not mind riding vintage GSXR's.:D

9. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I prefer the original Cresson layout too.
    I’m pretty sure if you dig deep enough at the end of the back straight there are parts of a 2006 GSXR that are still “meshed” with Mother Earth. I outbroke myself and somehow ended up sliding perfectly on my butt side by side with the bike. I slid to a stop and wasn’t even sore the next day...when the bike ran out of pavement it catapulted 15-20’ in the air and came down squarely on the nose like a damn lawn dart.

crashman likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lake Texoma on the OK/TX border. Could be an hour could be 2.5 depending on where the daughter is but it looks gorgeous.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So buy a place on the lake that is in Flower Mound :crackup:

12. Boman Forklift

I'm sure I can crash one of those as well as a newer bike. :)

crashman likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Don't know that lake, will have to do some research. I'm thinking mama, and my daughter, would like to be close enough rug rats could be dumped off on date night.

Actually Flower Mound is between Grapevine Lake, no lake houses with docks as far as I know, and Lake Lewisville which supposedly has some but I haven't found them for sale yet.

However, I was shocked to find a super nice house we fell in love with on the lake.....however they want 1.2 million, which I won't do. No reason to move to worse weather and pay 7x more in property taxes at the same time.

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The good thing is that in my experience the old GSXR's handle said crashes better than the newer ones so that shouldnt be a problem. It would not be the first time it went through the dirt on something other than its tires...:crackup:

15. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Look at lake worth in Fort Worth

16. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Beat me to it

17. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I have lived in DFW for almost 8 years and still have not made it out there. Is it spectator friendly?

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

To be quite honest I am not sure. I have either been on the track or sitting in a chair trying to get my wind and cursing the fact that I do not work out nearly enough. It did seem quite low key and you can see a fair bit of the track from the pits but I am not sure if a person could get access to the back side or not.

19. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Strictly speaking, my 2006 GSXR is 15 years old now, so it qualifies as "vintage," from a certain point of view...

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Mine are 12 and 20 years older than that new one you have.:D