1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Lunches

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Sep 24, 2017.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Does it bother you giving a no limit credit card to a bunch of nerds at Comicon?

brex likes this.
  2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So if quality of education has declined since the federal government has participated the clause would say they must stop correct?

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

It might if I understood what you were saying...
    (Actually I do, but the metaphor was pretty weak.)

You know, all that shit that gets spent on stuff some folks feel is unconstitutional was created by people that were voted (or appointed by those who were) into office. Look in the mirror, son. Then get out your yellow ferrari friends and file file file. You even have a conservative majority to work with.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I work for the former CEO of Blackwater (not Prince) and have heard some amazing stories.

5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Either you don't know what the Welfare Clause is or you don't understand what a metaphor is, son.

Since you were scared to answer my original question I'll ask another one for you to ignore and attempt a witty comeback with.

How does it make you feel that no legislation that congress has passed has ever been found to go against general welfare?

6. dsapsis

While that is a clever rejoinder, and the statement would require a good analysis to support, I say sue.
    That's just a rewrite of your original question. Here is my answer: The Spending Clause is best fixed with a good Congress, not you declaring you don't like research on .
    Lepidoptera mating...

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually the Constitution means the government should have to demonstrate the common good as that is what they claim authority on. However the Federal Goevernment has long ago exceeded the bounds set so why would they start now.

8. dsapsis

An abandoned syllogism, in two posts. Bravo.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

:crackup:
    That's truly funny. Thanks for the laugh.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hell, it still works just fine. Why, just this morning I got up, walked into the bathroom, tripped on the rug and pole vaulted into the bathtub. Made a hell-of-a racket.:beer:

(you do believe that don't ya?)

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

IMG_2913.PNG

badmoon692008 and Orvis like this.
  12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Wait a minute here. The way that poster is worded it indicates that the wall had an erection so bumping one's nose is ok then? :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Won't happen to me, my belly bumper protects the nose and the Johnson (or just John in my case, maybe Jon.)

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Let's examine the value the government brings to healthcare.
    Of the people who are eligible for VA care, two thirds, choose not to use it at all.

VA usage.png

Not exactly a sign of customer satisfaction, and that's after twice recently "instituting reforms" and throwing stupid amounts of tax money at the VA and hiring huge numbers of employees.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

75% is three quarters, but with this group I could see why you would understate the numbers.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You misread it, 75% is the percentage of healthcare that the remaining third get outside the VA.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Okay. In fairness, there is a bit of missing information, like maybe the total number eligible. :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

We're getting the threads mixed up. Healthcare was last week http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thr...fferent-than-police-fire-and-military.346915/

But since you brought it up, yes, healthcare is messed up. Between the insurance companies and government over-regulation (and the entanglement between them) it's such a bureaucratic nightmare that the best thing to do is throw out the entire system and start over.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I work for a local government. Any of you that think that government, any government can run things efficiently need a pee test.

sheepofblue likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There are lots of ways to skin a cat. Tons of government services are contracted out to private firms because the private sector can provide better services for less cost. The key is setting up specific parameters and adhering to them. But first you'd have to get the insurance companies and healthcare corporations out of the pockets of the politicians.