1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by JCP636, Nov 29, 2010.

1. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

No njmp... :(

I know it's beating a dead horse but it doesn't mean I'm not still dissappointed...

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I'd love to race there, too - but I'll only do it with WERA, and from what I understand NJMP is offering no help whatsoever towards bringing their program here. It is literally a small fortune to rent the place.

And it's not cool when the same track cuts a deal for one org but not another, especially in this economy, imo.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Way way way way way way too expensive. We'd need 300+ riders running 3+ classes each to just pay the basic bills. Not worth it by any stretch for us and honestly we wouldn't pay that much for that track with the economy at it's best. Obviously they can get it so more power to them but I'm not going to double the entry fees just to make them a bunch of money.

4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Does VIR in March typically lose money? I'm surprised to not see it.

5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Wonder where the Amateur Grands will fit in??? Some where a little farther south than Ohio would be really cool. JMO Tdub

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're still trying to figure out something. It doesn't lose money but because VIR is expensive it doesn't make much and definitely not as much as the National round at Roebling did last year so with the 200 being on the normal Roebling weekend something had to give. When the choice is an event that pays bills and one that pays a lot less bills... Add in VIR raised their rent this year in the middle of the economy being down and we'll have to drop that one.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

AMA is still working on that, not sure where things stand but we're obviously still interested in being a part of the event.

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I just talked to Ken to tell him the schedule was out and he said he would be calling very soon. He also said they were just as interested in working with WERA again.

9. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

nice to see Gman back on the NC and a ccw at Grattan

10. ton

ton Arf!

thanks for getting this put together!

i'm happy to see G-Man on the schedule. sort of... what discussions, if any, have you had with track management re: zero run off in the final corner? (the lengthened back straight onto the front straight. can't remember turn number with the new config...)

:beer:

11. dean dufrene

dean dufrene Well-Known Member

Where is the schedule posted

12. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

13. ton

ton Arf!

ooohhh. killer. hadn't noticed the ccw Grattan!

14. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I was talking to Dave Grey about it the other day and he said it's fine. I still have concerns personally but want to see it myself

15. JBaucom

JBaucom Well-Known Member

No CMP for the SE?!?!

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And again - we are still working on some stuff.

17. 418

418 Expert #59

Did you see the turnout this past year?

18. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Mongo-

Looking at the MA and NE schedules, I see:

"4/2-3 Summit Point Raceway, Summit Point, WV-K,rs,"

So what does the "K" stand for after the WV?

p.s. Thanks for saving me $1200 on the trip to VIR! YAY! That was always a stretch for us PA and NJ guys.

19. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Kawi money?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Leftover from last year, ignore it.