1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat Radio...

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Oct 17, 2018.

1. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Octane. Turbo. Howard100. Nascar.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Mountains? Vermont? Does not compute.

:D

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

'Bout to subscribe. Any tips?

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Don't?...

R Acree likes this.
  5. speedluvn

Reason?

6. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Tried to cancel my subscription and they became animals trying to get me to renew . Took years till they stop sending threatening letters for service renewal. Cheaper for me to download podcast and music anyways

MachineR1 likes this.
  7. speedluvn

Noted

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Seem to be the same 100 or so song loop all radio stations have. Just slightly different but not different enough to not get tired of it.

Some stream radio stations seem to let you cache download hours of more interesting music (and FLAC to boot).

I used to have quasi hour commutes and took the habit of listening to podcast rather than music anyway. (The Moth, Freakonomics, Dan Carlin, etc...). When I bought my car, it came with 3 months free satellite, after a week or two, I went back to the podcasts....

Of course, This is MHO....

speedluvn likes this.
  9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I have 8--10 hours a day. I can mix direct tv in but am tired of my iPod. Been a a chill/ coffee house fix in the morning, the joint, no shoes, 90s, 80s, the mixes are ok but it's a fast change to find something good.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. speedluvn

I had use of a satellite radio for extended period of time. I miss it bs the normal radio stations. I’m still considering satellite radio. But also considering other options.

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

If your data plan can handle it just use the streaming option. Cheaper and gets you channels they don't broadcast.

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to purchase 3 lifetime subscriptions with Sirius, when they offered them at ~$300. I listen to Pandora. *shrug*

13. speedluvn

Pandora is one of the other options that I was considering.

ducnut likes this.
  14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

so many stations, just mix it up.. if you are listening to the same 3 or 4 stations? yea.. you will find many of the same songs played. But someone posted earlier "same songs on different stations". That's not really true. Ozzy's boneyard isn't gonna play death metal stuff, and not likely to hear Winger, on Octane station... the stations, even among rock stations, are different. Will you likely hear early Van Halen on both Hair Nation and Ozzy's boneyard? perhaps. But same songs on different stations are not as common as you would think. It's a great way to expand you music horizons without spending extra money or time downloading stuff. Just switch to "water colors" or "chill" to get a little jazz infusion, or "Outlaw country" or "Willie's roadhouse" for a taste of country, but not old old, or the new stuff.

15. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Real radio 94.3, think 101 in the treasure coast love doctors and rovers morning glory, I heart radio. Funny guys and real radio

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

If you go satellite radio, don’t pay more than $5/month. I’ve been a subscriber for over 15 years and always at least 2 radios and usually 3. Yes there are other ways to get music but its just too easy with satellite when the cars have it and I have an older Garmin on my bike that has xm built into it.