1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanctuary City Suing?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Pittenger5, Feb 7, 2017.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:Good meth might actually help him.

2. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I wonder what all the pro-law-breaking cities would think of a sanctuary city that refused to pursue any firearm or tax infringements.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

This causes some internal conflict for me. I am infuriated that these cities think they can just flaunt the law. However, I strongly support states rights when it comes to cannabis legalization and other issues. Not sure how to overcome my hypocrisy on this one.

6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I really want to be excited but I'm way too cynical to believe that justice will actually be served against these commie bastards. The swamp creatures will protect their own.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Thank your local liberals. Don’t think for a moment that they don’t want to make this applicable to the rest of the states. Iowa being the low population high meat packing plant state that it is, is currently being tested for just this.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Spark one up.

Elsinore likes this.
  9. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

Not defending any state. But if the federal government could cut off the funding to state. Why the state can not stop sending taxes. State like CA pays more then It receive from the federal government.

Again I am defending them, illegal immigration is that and should be treated as that.

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The states do not fund the federal government, the individuals in the state do. The monies don't go through the state accounting. The federal government does "rebate" funds back to the states thus making cutting off funds a viable option.

11. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

when the federal government cut its funding the to the state it cuts it funding to individuals. it is a very hypothetical question. just wondering if the same logic goes both ways.

12. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Sure, but if you cut your funding to the feds, the IRS takes everything you have and puts you under the jail so you can stay warm

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Speak of suing, any victim [or their family] SHOULD start filing lawsuits when it is proven that the illegal criminal was allowed to remain.....we'll see how quickly they either reverse that BS or go broke.

Two cops were killed by an illegal parasite, from Mexico, this POS is laughing it up in Court this week not only about him doing it but how he'll do it again when he escapes prison.

If either of those cops were my son, there'd be a real life Law Abiding Citizen like movie in the works regarding that POS.

14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Think the family of that woman killed by an illegal in San Francisco tried that and it was thrown out by a judge. Cant remember where I seen that though.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

That would NOT shock me at all, TBH......they're always protecting their own (State) interests

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I believe that the only charge that the guy was found to be guilty of was illegal possession of a firearm. He was found not guilty of murder since LE could not prove that it wasn't an accident. The bullet bounced off the pavement before it hit and killed the woman. As far as family suing for civil damages, ya just cannot squeeze blood from a turnip. (all this is from the best of my memory.):)

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

On the idea of withholding Federal funds to these sanctuary cities is concerned, I think that's been tried over the past few months and a Federal court has found it unconstitutional to do so. I can't remember the exact case.

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You'd probably be safe stating that every single action Trump has taken has been declared unconstitutional by a federal judge.

Orvis likes this.
  19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

In the 9th circuit court.

20. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member