1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanctuary City Suing?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Pittenger5, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

2. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I'm no Judge Robart, but Trumps order still allows the cities put the illegals over the citizen. The cities just won't get federal funding. This was the same as MADD and Louisanna's drinking age squabble, the feds cut highway funding until Louisanna raised the drinking age.

3. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

What is interesting is that the lawsuit names Trump and not the US government. I think, but I am not 100% certain, that the executive branch is protected against lawsuits as it pertains to the administration of the duties of office.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It is blatant disregard for immigration law that spawned the executive order...

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I thought one of the things the republicans wanted was a reduction in federal meddling in state issues. o_O

6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Is that not what is happening? Follow the federal law or no more federal funding for you. Viola, government is out of your business.

jrsamples likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

8. Newsshooter

That's not the way they've framed it in the past for states rights, when it was more like the feds should leave the states alone take care of things themselves, now not so much......

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Is it the right of the State to pick and choose what Federal laws they follow? And if they refuse to follow said law is it not the right of the Feds to cut funding if they so choose?

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

No different that federal funds being tied to common core. States have the right to opt out of common core, but if they do they will lose federal funding.
    Funny how the LWN are perfectly fine with that.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It doesn't sound like they are telling them they can't. Sounds like they get a choice on whether or not to accept the consequences of thumbing their noses at the folks footing some of their bills.

crashman likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Math isn't their strong suit...

crashman likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Logic either

crashman likes this.
  14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Who is Viola?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Someone instrumental to the legislation.

pickled egg likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oscar nominee.

Is Darren making fun of someone doing bad math? :D

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I initially read that as bad meth. I laughed.

18. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Common core will do that. :D

19. Newsshooter

What's LWN? Wasn't common core one of the things the republicans were upset about having to teach or lose funding and they tied to states rights? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.....

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sorry, did I not leave you 18% for bringing my date and I our dinner? :Poke: