1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RV Prices and Financing

Discussion in 'General' started by kiggy74, Sep 3, 2018.

1. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Is "pusher" a term for an engine in the back? Like a Greyhound bus?
    That may be an issue with the garage in the back.

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Yes. Once you get in those you towing behind :)

masshole likes this.
  3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

fwiw. I went through whole circle.
    - gas van
    - diesel van (great if you going alone to track, you can sleep in it, and diesel can tow anything if needed)
    - open trailer
    - travel trailer
    - closed cargo trailer
    - gas motorhome, 29'
    - diesel pusher 39', with trailer (overkill for doing just racing locally, great if you travel a lot, be ready for high maintenance)
    - toy hauler, current (this works for pretty much anything)

I pretty much settle on toy hauler, 26' work and play with open floor plan. I can load full size car in there, or side by side or few bikes.

Attached Files:

TLR67 and masshole like this.
  4. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I'm looking right past your yard with the nice trailers and the Duramax and I'm thinking- you couldn't possibly buy enough off road toys to fully enjoy that terrain!

TLR67 likes this.
  5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

masshole likes this.
  6. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Besides RV Trader, what are other good resources for used travel trailers and RVs?

7. ChemGuy

Racingjunk.com
    pplmotorhomes.com

8. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Who’s the Winnebago guy here? ChemGuy? What’s a good price on a 2018-19 Micro Mini 2106FBS?

9. ChemGuy

$3.50?

Sorry I dont sell em. I just provide them with crap...I mean fine high quality products, to build them with.

I will say the RV building business is pretty slow. Low end stick and tin trailers and the real high end motorized are doing normal. That should give you some real advantage on driving the price down. I would be starting at 30-40% off...especially on an '18.

I think @zertrider sells RV's. He might have a better idea on what you can do on one of those.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

nah its a Workhorse chassis with Chevy driveline. 8.1 mated to an Allison 1000. Hands down the best driveline.
    As for longevity... plenty of owners with 2003-05 models with 200,000+ miles on them.
    The price on that particular one is abit stiff... but you dont see many toyhauler class As with the late model WH chassis.
    My dream coach would be a workhorse chassis Damon Outlaw. Their 1/2 loft concept is brilliant. Build quality is meh.

I was looking at a few and people are just buried in interest on them. Hence their extreme asking prices.

11. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

The used RV Toyhaulers I looked at just didn't seem to hold up well. So I went with an aluminum gooseneck car hauler with living quarters up front. 22' living space and 18' garage. Not quite as luxurious, but I feel better about it holding up, especially the roof. Plenty of used ones out there at good prices. Racingjunk is great place to find them.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Showhauler is cool, that's what our first one was, but overall I like our Haulmark better. Granted our Showhauler was when they first got into doing full RV's so there were teething pains and it was on a city truck chassis not a real semi.

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

FYI, somebody just listed a 25' front bedroom, 2019 unit, up for sale on the ATC owners group on Facebook. I think he's asking $40K.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

15. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I do sell RV's, but only Motorhomes. We don't do anything new in regards to trailers.

16. deathblow

deathblow Well-Known Member

Nice! Don’t mean to be lazy, but I don’t have a Facebook account and never really used it, can you please send me a link?

17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

It's a private group, so you wouldn't be able to see it without an account. If you're really interested, I can get you direct contact info.