1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS-Taichi a bit tight in the arms

Discussion in 'General' started by Dieselboy, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Just got a new RS-Taichi WRX 303, everything fits perfectly except in the arms, specifically the biceps/elbow region. It's just too tight there to the point of being uncomfortable.

I'd love to be able to keep the suit, but the next size up would be too large, what are my options besides to stop working out. Will it stretch enough once it's worn in, can I jam a squash in there and let it stretch for a while, can I send it out to be altered? Who/how much for that?

Thanks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Stop jerking off 40 times a day and let your biceps go back to normal.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Send it to me. I have skinny arms.

4. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

There's stretch material (keprotec?) along the arm. Made to be snug at every position, but definitely not constricting. Mine felt tighter than I liked at first, but I forgot about it sooner than later and don't even notice it anymore.... But mines three seasons old now.
    Is the material stretched to its limit when worn?

5. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

I would simply get an inner tube stick it in the suits arm and pump it up, after a few days it'll stretch.

6. It's not bursting at the seems or anything, it's more in the transition from the bicep to the forearm. After wearing the suit for a bit while moving my arms, I noticed bruising on the joint opposite the elbow..

[​IMG]

Just seems weird that everywhere else there's some room to grow, but the arms are tight, and my arms aren't disproportionaly large.

Attached Files:

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

did you have a under armour or something like it on?

8. Just a T-shirt

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

my suit does the same thing to me, its not when its on that it rubs.for me it's when i take it off that it actually left bruises. it never happens when i wear my underarmour though so maybe try that.

10. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Mine fits tight in the arms too, I had BB take out the liner and Velcro the armor in place. It helps but still a little tight in the arms, it will stretch out some as well. Use an under-suit, that will help with the rash. If you go one size up, just have BB take it in where it needs it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  11. Took out the memory foam pad that's in the elbow area, seems to fit a bit better, I think in a riding position it would be fine so long as my arms don't get any bigger..

12. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

add more keprotec

add more keprotec through the elbow and forearm. you can mark it with a crayon above and below the tight area . we do this alteration all the time . runs 75.00 . turns around in a few days. just letting you know. thanks, bill and darethea

13. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Looks too small. You should be able to zip it all the way up. Add a back protector and chest protector and that suit will be rather unpleasant to wear.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  14. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

agree

my slow dial-up just loaded his pic in the suit. it's too small . the arms are too short the distance between the shoulders looks tight too and if you don't have a back protector in there it's only going to get tighter. bill and darethea

15. alan

alan Well-Known Member

RS-Taichi makes their suits in several different cuts, unfortunately it looks like you got the wrong cut/size.

16. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

send it to Barnacle Bill to get fixed, or exchange it for one that fits right.

17. It does zip all the way up with the back protector, fits like a second skin in the chest. It's labeled as the large wide, I'd try the large 2wide but I cant find that size. I think I will send it to Bill to have the arms let out a bit.

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Had the same problem with a Pilot suit, except too tight in the forearm..trust me, I'm no Popeye. Had BB add an additional 1/4" to the lower 8" of the arms and it now fits perfect. Major prop to BB. If I ever buy a true custom suit the circumference of arms and legs will be a must measurement.....not sure if that's always the case.

19. Actually maybe I will try the 44, doesn't seem to be thaat much bigger and will give me room to grow into it a bit.

20. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

It's definitely too small. That's a pretty big gap between the end of the arm of that suit, and your wrist. I think your issue with your elbow is that your elbow joint, is not where the suit is designed for it to be.