1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS 660?!

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Nov 6, 2018.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

I think I threw up in my mouth a little. Fuckouttahere with that chrome.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Odd looking front fender. Overkill to expensive for a 650 twin.

3. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

I wonder if this is an exercise, or if there's a market for this sort of thing.

4. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

This is the future of the lw class in my opinion. Mw are going the way of the dinosaur. Twins are the up and comer. Until now we have been taking heavy, underperforming twins and making them "race bikes" the big companies are finally starting to look at this and see a potential for the future. I think these super twins are going to keep coming and are going to be the future class to replace mw racing. The "grass roots" lw, sv, hawk, er650 era im sad to say is coming to an end (as sad as i am to see that). Stuff like the rs660, and norton twin, and kramer twin is just the beginning of a new class of super twins that i bet will change the class forever.

Phl218 and 5axis like this.
  5. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I agree there are some nice more modern twins coming out, but part of the appeal is the lower price.

6. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

8. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Well in Europe it is lol

9. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Isn't supersport the biggest grid in MotoAmerica?

10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

"Of course, pricing will be key. The Kawasaki Ninja 650 retails for $7,400 MSRP, which means a near-$10,000 price tag will be a must for the Aprilia RS 660. A four-digit price tag would be our hope."

Jeez, they really are smoking crack.....that bike is going to be around current supersport prices, if not $1-2K higher.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

They can slap whatever MSRP they like on it, as long as they end up selling at deeeep discounts like they do on Tuonos.

BigBird likes this.
  12. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

Sure but it's all r6's yamaha is the only manufacture still developing the middle weights. Most brands like Honda and triumph just cut the 600 out entirely. Kawi has that new 636 but is it really all that different under those fairings? Manufactures just aren't developing 600's anymore. Wsbk has stated several times in the last few years that they are planning to end the 600 class all together.

13. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I don't think it's going the way of the dinosaur until LW twins has all the top riders, and supersport is just old (albeit fast) club racers.

I'd really love to see twins be the next thing, but personally I'm more interested in whichever has all the national level talent.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Joe street rider doesn't know or care what race classes are popular, and he's who the mfg.'s care about. If $12K 600s gather dust on the sales floor and $7K twins sell like hotcakes, then the 600s will eventually go away.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Lower? You mean the price 600's used to be (and should still be)?

NemesisR6 likes this.