1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS 660?!

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Nov 6, 2018.

1. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

this, 1000%

fair enough. i didn't know you raced 750s!. it's hard to keep up with all your shenanigans.......

man, the 09 r1 really was a disappointment. yikes

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

It’s extremely easy to check valve clearance when they become something less than zero:)

Prospect likes this.
  3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

The frame is an open casting like 2nd gen SVs, is it really that radically different from other LW Twins machines?

4. Yep, as a Novice. Then I also raced Eddie’s 750 in the Endurance race at the GNF in 2015 (or maybe it was 2014).

I love a 750. I’ve always wanted to go apeshit with a 750 Superbike, but not until they come out with an all-new one (like they did the 1k).

5. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Hugely different. Just because it's open casting doesn't mean it's basically the same. I don't know dimensions off the top of my head, but looking at the headstock/steering stem area the RS660 has MUCH more material and also supports a much larger bearing. Even without knowing exact dimensions you can deduce that the Aprilia is aiming to be a more 'serious' chassis performer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, that’s a nice looking bike. It’s the Supermono sic Superduo of V4’s.

7. I really like the looks of it too. If they actually produce THAT bike, with Ohlins, Brembo, cool dash and shit, it might be the reason I give LWT a try.

But chances are the mass produced version will be shititized to appeal to the same market as the SV and F7 or whatever it is called.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Don't you recall, the clapped out LWT crowd has already shunned you and your Spaghetti Monster approach to racing. You cannot play, take your black wheeled pasta machine elsewhere...

:D

shakazulu12 likes this.
  9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I assume it will be like the ktm790 and the suspension will be lower cost units to keep price down. As long as the chassis is good, doesn't really matter, cartridges and a shock and you're in business.

10. I reckon I would have to toss the Aprilia on the ground a few times, scratch the wheels, dent the gas tank, and throw some dirt all over it to make sure it is properly clapped out before even registering for a LWT race. :D

11. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Yes, that’s mandatory...

It’s the stock DOTs and other hardware left stock that’s optional, but we’re anticipating that driving you crazy already so we’ve taken the liberty of having Livengood order all the fancy prototype bits ahead of time. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Plus, it's all shiny and shit

rocalotopus likes this.
  13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You don't actually have to scratch the wheels, mismatched colors (one mandatory white however) will suffice. :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I don't even know how you typed that without smashing up your keyboard by the end of the sentence.

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup:

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I don't know how it was so short.
    :D

shakazulu12 likes this.
  17. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

LWTwins grow on you... like a fungus.

ChemGuy likes this.
  18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Or a 4th testicle. At first you don't really need it and it's in the way. Then if it's gone you miss it.

19. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

[​IMG]

20. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member