1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS 660?!

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Nov 6, 2018.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Johnny B never has my back.

3. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

4. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

That's a sexy motorbike. Nice design nod to the RS-250 as well.

5. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

I hope they make this because I want this. This is exactly what so many have been wanting. Real sport version of a lightweight twin. No converting a standard/naked/learner (FZ,SV,ER) bike into a race bike.

Hawk518, ToofPic, TurboBlew and 5 others like this.
  6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Agreed! Might get me back to the LWT class! Says the motor is slated for a lineup of bikes and that they will come to the US.

7. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

Holy shitballs that's a sweet piece. Can't wait for the sticker shock!

stk0308 and track wagon like this.
  8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

That is hawt.

9. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Oh snap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Fapfapfapfapfap

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Awesome bike.

Sadly, it will cost eleventy billion dollars.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm guessing they'll price it in the ballpark of the Ducati 959.....maybe just a tick under.

13. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear it running with those slash cut open headers :clap::D

14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

And be "available" from 2 dealers in the US.

And explode if driven faster than 80mph for longer than the 8 min needed to get to starbucks or some bike night at a chicken wing place.

But damn it looks sweet...

shakazulu12 likes this.
  15. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

From Ape's press release:

"The concept offers a comfortable riding position, thanks to the large saddle located on the sleek tail fairing, footpegs that are not too high and a pair of semi-handlebars mounted on top of the upper steering yoke. The result is a saddle-handlebar-footpeg triangulation that is sporty yet comfortable, to the advantage of riding pleasure and comfort."

Their concept doesn't seem to be offering any evidence of anything other than a pure sportbike, which leads me to believe that if they intend this to be a means to introduce riders to their sport lineup, there are going to be some SERIOUS concessions made to the design to get this thing priced appropriately.

16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Do you have any experience with Aprilia? I had a RSVR1000 that was tracked and raced for 7 or 8 years when I sold it two years ago and as far as I know it's still going strong on the original motor. I also currently have a 1998 RS250 that it still a little beast! The 450's and 550's had issues but lets face it those were hyper built racing machines and you have to expect maintenance on something like that. I think the sealant issue was the worst thing that ever happened to Aprilia. I know Broomes RSVR is still going strong and it has never been babied. Why would this be any different as its based upon a similar motor configuration that seems to be working?

SirCrashAlot and Phl218 like this.
  17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I actually had to google just now to see if we had an Aprilia dealership in Portland anymore after Motocorsa went Ducati only. Turns out we do and I had no idea.

18. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Up until now i have always thought it is very dumb to race a bike that belonged to the bank. Still do but for that bike I might give it a try.

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

The big bikes are fine.
    I think they are great.

Their history with small displacement 4t isn't the best. Hence my snarky comments.
    I thankfully waited and then didn't buy a 550 for racing. Other less fortunate souls had to deal with motor life issues. I just kept blowing up built ex500s. Still cheaper than a 450 or 550

Monsterdood likes this.
  20. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

You shut your whore mouf'!!!! My SXV 450 lasted 33 miles before it needed a rebuild but it looked and sounded great for about an hour!:mad:

TurboBlew, stk0308 and Phl218 like this.