1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rolex 24

Discussion in 'General' started by tiggen, Jan 29, 2022.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Anybody else watching? Lots going on, 61 cars.

Broadcasters have managed to hide their boners for NASCAR much better this year.

TLR67 likes this.
  2. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

Watched the first couple of hours, will put it back on at dark and keep it on through the night.

I just took the dogs out for their afternoon break and enjoyed my coffee watching them play and listening to the cars run on the track. We are about a mile from the track the way the crow flies so it is relaxing to hear activity on the track. It is cold, I am glad I told my wife a few weeks ago to not get tickets for this year.

Senna likes this.
  3. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Was entertaining watching Kobayashi carve thru lappers in the opening stint. Guy is a beast behind the wheel.

Pit outs should be interesting as the sun goes down and temps drop.

4. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I had a ticket, couldn't go bc of work, then could go and decided not to bc of the weather. Maybe if I had a heated tent or hotel room, but no thx!

5. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Watching...
    Coverage is pretty good.
    Looks chilly there as night falls.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

It's supposed to be below freezing tonight. Has that ever happen during the 24?

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yes back in the 60s. And it's supposed to be 30 around 6 am tomorrow

8. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Think I saw on the graphic that they showed earlier today that in 66 (?) the low was 28...

9. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I've been avoiding paying for subscription to Peacock just for supercross, but Rolex 24 coverage made the deal for me. Always a great race to watch.

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

It's 3 am, you're at a buck 90 after getting gas and new tires and heading for the tri oval and it's 31f out
    :eek:

cBJr and motodog650 like this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Working a symphony tonight but following on Twitter and Twitch

12. He was a beast before lap 1 was over :)

motodog650 likes this.
  13. Few times, they showed a graphic before the start. Plus no warmers or even storing them in a warmer place before tire changes.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Thoughts and Prayers for Corvette Racing :oops:

Chino52405 likes this.
  15. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Here camping in the infield. A lot of flags this year and quite cold when not near a fire.

Steeltoe, motion and evakat like this.
  16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I'm watching. The #42 Lamborghini GTD was built by the guy that builds our little red E30 for ChampCar. Gave me someone to root for, anyway. The guy he works for used to run Porsches, but switched this year. They had some difficulty getting the car set up during the Roar. They were running pretty good last night before I went to bed.

Whats with that chick announcer, her face is frozen- doesn't move when she talks. I know it's cold out but damn!

17. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

It looks like we are in for a great finish. I have to cheer on the locals and hope that Taylor racing has the winning car!!

18. Looks so. I predict some big carnage with about 7 min to go :)

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Close! :D

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  20. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

That last lap!!!! Whoa!!

CRA_Fizzer and Britt like this.