1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robert Kraft and The Orchids of Asia

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

This is much more common than you would imagine in the Chinese restaurant business. I actually used to order food from this place and the owner's son delivered it. Nice kid, and I would have never guessed this was going on.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/oakland/2017/02/20/kims-garden-auction/98169406/

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

That ain't the same as slavery.

He was harboring illegal immigrants....doesn't say they were captive and not free to go at any time.

The Chinese man probably helped get them here in exchange for work while they can aquire papers and documents to be here. Happens a lot, but not the same as slavery and holding them against their will.

3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Legal in my state. They are ben sued now, people want ranches closed.

4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

It not just chinese according to Anthony Bourdain, he claimed most restaurants in America would have to close down if the deportations became serious.

5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

This is a rather common practice, modern day slavery. You should google it. They bring them in illegally. They get no "papers" of any kind, all ID confiscated. They have to work off their debt and have no where to go. There might be a few that can take advantage of that if they have the knowledge and connections, but for the most part it's poor people trying to come to the states. Happened back in Charlotte. I think it was Chong's Bistro, we loved eating there. All the employees were in one house, a very large amount. They were shuttled to work and home. I still remember it on the news.

6. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

There was a lot more to the original story, the one I linked was just about the auction of restaurant material after it was shut down. He made them live in his basement in bad conditions, many of which were under the age of 18. I'll see if I can find the original article. 4 or 5 of them died when a fire started in the basement.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A solution to the overweight problem. Cool.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have yet to see a post from anyone who cares in the least.

9. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Not in here but in society it's a thing. Maybe it would be less of a thing if there wasn't the sex trafficking angle to this specific case.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's the only angle the media can use to get people riled up at the guy richer than them.

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Chance are you see more trafficking if you count the number of workers at Chinese restaurants.
    My spidey sense blows up every time, I am in such service. Hence, I don't patronize with prior frequency.

I know there are real good folks out there, doing the hard work to stop human/sex-trafficking.
    However, I believe too often this rings are allowed to continue, only to wait for the whale. The real big whale.
    Nothing is worth doing if it is doesn't make the National news cycle.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Chinese place I worked at had all the cooks and busboys living in the owners house multiple people to a room. They loved it, more room than they had in China with a lot more freedom when not working and bunking like that saved them a ton of money they could spend on themselves while still sending a ton back home to help get other family over here. No clue how many were legal or not but they were all mainland Chinese. I know they got paid at least minimum wage with the good cooks making more, not sure if rent was taken straight out of the check or if pay was lower to cover it or the like.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Similar to those Geico insurance commercials.

Average person: I switched my coverage to geico and saved.

Robert Craft: I switched my hand job to WinLi and saved.

LOl

Spang308 likes this.
  14. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

It sounds like he’s denying the solicitation piece as well as a few others involved. If I understand his denial, he’s not denying the rub n tug, he’s denying he solicited her. There’s supposedly video of it all occurring so unless she offers him and he accepts which would not be soliciting.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wonder how that would work legally. Pay for a massage. Rub and tug for free. Tip as you please. None of it is technically illegal best I can tell.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not that it matters, but in the description that I read yesterday, there was no mention of a massage. She went straight for the dick.

But anyway, I wonder sometimes if paying for sex where it's illegal falls under the general umbrella as "solicitation."

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Anyone here a customer?

18. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

I bet the 22 other dudes besides Kraft and the golfer's bf are super happy the famous dudes are part of it.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Semantics:D Something got massaged, and it wasn't just his ego.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I agree with that, but Mongo broke it down into two separate events. The first one was deemed nonessential and skipped by the participants.