1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robby Bobby

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeff McKinney, Oct 11, 2014.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Dam I'm missing our word fights

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Russell doesn't need expensive parts. If one grenades, he has 4 more in the pits. Quantity over quality. That's why I drink nothing but PBR at the track. It's all about the quantity...

:D

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Good thing you're a cop, or LeadHead would be stealing all your commie swill. :D

4. Very good point.

The classes a de-stroked 600 races in, are there other limitations (wheels, rotors, etc)? In other words, could I de-stroke my current R6 SBK and race it?

I have been wanting a new 675 to race. I could get a 675 which would give me 2 more classes (HWT), then de-stroke my R6 and add those 2 classes. That would give me 11 races each day. :clap: :rock:

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

565 is legal in F2 only. And really, it's not a LW bike. The thing will make 110hp. There aren't many full blown SV superbikes in the Southeast Region. IMO, a superstock SV is the way to go. Ride one of Russell's bikes at the GNF and see how you like it.

6. Yeah, im not going through all of that trouble just to race one more class (F2).

7. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Just get a good used superstock sv650 and come play.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

no. don't do it.

and Draik should go to a 600 right away.

Just sayin' :D

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sounds like there are a bunch of SS SV's out there, if so that would be fun. Out here that class is pretty much done.

10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm not sure beating a bunch of bikes because you have a fifty percent horsepower advantage would be all that satisfying.

11. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

how many AHRMA classes can you race on a stock sv ?

12. v42168

v42168 Well-Known Member

F1 and bump to F2 and Sound of Thunder.

13. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Nope, it is BOT F3. That's the SV class. F2 and SoT are good as you said. And you can run BOT F1.

14. I will more than likely go with a SBK one...and then bump up and race in HWT on it also just to try to hurt some feelings. :D

15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You realize that you won't hurt many Panigale feelings on an sv right? Maybe at tally against a guy learning how to ride.

Seriously, get a good SS build and ride like 4 classes competitively .

16. I know. I won't hurt many feelings at Road Atlanta, Roebling, VIR and places like that. But it could make for some fun at Jennings, Tally and Barber.

What other classes do the SV's race in (competitively) other than LWT SS/SB?

17. Robby-Bobby

SS sv competitive in
    Wera:
    Lwtss
    Lwtsb
    F2

AHRMA
    F3
    F2 (top 3-5)
    F1 (top 5)

18. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Broome, dare to be different and get an FZ-7. On paper it looks like it should be pretty competetive against the SVs. (I believe it fits in the same classes.)

19. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Hey Rob, any 848's show and run at the VF?....if so, how'd they do?

....not stirring here...I'm more interested in what the data says.

Thanx

20. Robby-Bobby

Yep 848 waxed our ass in F2.

1st and I think 3rd sunday