1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robby Bobby

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeff McKinney, Oct 11, 2014.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I have no idea. I've mostly raced the 1st generation ones. I had a 2nd gen for a little while last year but sold it and got a really nice 1st gen with lots of cool parts on it. The first gen svs are easier to get the chassis setup right. I don't care about racing Supersport. I like the superbikes.

2. Are there any I4's that are good for LW?

3. grasshopper

You'd have to talk to Ben Probst about that. Yes you can destroke a 600 to make it Lighweight Grand Prix and / or F2 legal.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So why don't you edumicate us? I'm going by what others told me and have no first hand experience. But when guys like Zoran speak about SV's they usually know what they are talking about.

I even heard, the fast bikes, back in the suzuki payout days, were putting on old single plug heads, to make more horsepower in SS configuration.

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I would think that would have been highly illegal for Suzuki payout $$$.

I'm not here to give free education:)

I like my dual plug heads;)

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Dual plug heads are crap for road racing. Detonation, melted pistons. And yes, more horsepower with the single plug heads.

And Broome, I'm pretty sure where a couple of really nice SVs are for sale. Already sorted, fast, forks, shocks, quick change axles, GSXR wheels, etc.

7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Sv650, ex650, FZ07 are your choices for lwtss. The EX is a woofer in Superstock trim and the FZ07 is an unknown. A good Superstock 2nd Gen SV650 will have about 80hp on the juice. The Gladius (heavy) is all steel frame, swingarm and attached subframe and down on power compared to SV. 05-06 seem to be preferred SV years but they do have weak rods. The rods have been upgraded in 07 and you can use them in earlier SV because they are direct replacement part in Suzuki parts fiche. Dual pluggers work fine. They come very lean stock snd require a bit of attention but nothing drastic

See RM above.... converting to single plug is a good thing

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  8. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

Got a Spear's built SBK sitting in the shop calling your name.

9. Russell Masecar

Russell Masecar Well-Known Member

Broome, I will have a few SV's with me at the GNF. Single plug and Dual plug. Maybe a spare bike too. Bring lots of cash.

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

It an SV, why would you need "lots" of cash?

11. Robby-Bobby

Respectfully disagree on all counts :)

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He said he was bringing "a few." :D

13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

That's certainly your prerogative. Have at it.

14. grasshopper

You're interview videos on LWT racer are pretty spot on my friend. The best SV in the country? You gotta put those expensive parts in the motor and it will last a lot long man! :D

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You know Broome if you get an sv650 all you'll need is a supermoto to complete complete the collection..

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

17. Boman Forklift

Chris,

I would get a SBK, you will be pissed running in F2 and SBK class and getting walked by the fast guys. Granted if someone shows up with a de-stroked 600, you aren't going to run with them.

You like to build stuff and you want new stuff, so if you really want to run F2 and win, de-stroke a newer model 600.

18. Boman Forklift

Hey Robby Bobby,
    Are your SV dual plug motor building skills equivalent to your Elvis Presley recognizing skills?:crackup::crackup:

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup: Nice cross thread tie in. :up:

20. Robby-Bobby

Lol touché!

But no. Having built approx 30 Sv's from first gens to second, racebikes, trackday bikes, streetbikes, flat track motors, etc, have never had a melted piston, detonation and the most hp with same type builds were with dual plug 07 motors.

The sv I'm riding right now has 4 solid years of racing with nothing more than valve adjustment.

In fact the only failures I've seen/had were a crank and a Carillo rod with dual plug...

I know I'm not the only one as I bought an ex M4 bike that was out of Ulrich stable.

To each their own. Like i said, it's all about complete combustion;)