1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta Oct. - Roll Call

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 28, 2013.

1. The Mongo said yes, on Friday.

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Fuck... I hate that place!!! Damn it! But now I might HAVE to come. Shit.

I couuuullddd go mix it up in the rear of LWT with Mike. He's never been there, I've never been there on a SV so that gives me a chance to beat someone.... Maybe... Ok prolly not :D

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

:up::up:,

I haven't raced or been on bike since March, have never ridden road A and i'm thinking about it. Let's see if doc let me go back to work on the 9th and we will see :beer:

4. Take the SV and sign up for the same races I am in. :D

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Now you know the answer to that. :D

6. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Praying for a good tail wind for ya on that back straight!

This would be cool Randy! Keep the Hooey honest!:D

ESS is the place Dad!:up:

Did you find an SV? Damn I'd love to be ready and keep you honest!

BUT ALL YOU WATCH OUT! THAT KESLER DUDE SANDBAGS TIL THE LAST LAP AND THEN PULLS A SNEAK ATTACK ON THE BRAKES GOING INTO 10A.:Poke::D

7. No worries. I have my own version of a sneak attack in T12...and my attack spot is closer to the finish line. :D

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

So you're backin' it in on the inside!:up:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mongo may be wrong on Vintage - hell if I know at this point. I totally forgot we were doing an Endurance at the GNF too :D

This is why I need my schedule in front of me when answering questions. Go with what it says more than what I say.

10. Eh, no harm done...we never pay attention to anything you say on here anyway. :D

11. It may be completely irrelevant, but i found this schedule for a non-Cycle Jam event at Road Atlanta, that also included a practice day on Friday. There isn't any Vintage racing on this one, but there is a Vintage practice group.

http://maps.wera.com/pdfs/2008Schedules/roadatlanta062710.pdf

I know it is old. I just ran across it while trying to get an idea of how my races will go and how many different back-to-backs I will have.

12. I figured it would be impossible to not have at least one back-to-back scenario on Sunday. But if the schedule stays the same as that one, i will have at least one race between all of mine.

I would have races 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12 and 16. That would be awesome. Not only would I have a few mins to get something to drink, clean my visor etc, but i would have an extended break before my last race of the day.

13. Brett A

Brett A Well-Known Member

I was a spectator in 10B last year. You deserve a man hug after that.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A schedule the same as 2010?

Doubtful after all the tries to fix other people having back to back races....

15. Well shit. :D

I honestly didnt pay attention to the date. I just scrolled down until i came to one that was at RA but wasnt a Cycle Jam.

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

:wow::eek::wow::eek: Either you make adrenaline by the barrel or you are just plain crazy. :D Thats alot of races.:up:

17. I like riding my bikes. :D

Gonna do both Solo's too. But there are always like 3-4 races between them so that isn't a big deal.

I have thought about adding the HWT-SB race on the 675 also. But that would be a bunch of additional hassle bringing a 3rd bike, dealing with tires/fuel etc for it just for that one extra race (it isn't SS legal).

It is also actually harder to race it and the R6 in the same day. The R6 and RSV4 are so different, that it is easy enough to be like "I ride this bike this way, and that bike that way". The R6 and 675 are different, but not different enough. So it actually causes more confusion trying to remember markers, gear selections, turning points etc for those two bikes, vs the R6 and RSV4.

Trying to do all 3 of them would probably be too much my first weekend back. If the 675 was SS legal and I could do both HWT races, I might do it. But not for just one.

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Schedule says DH, there is no V. But it's also three days instead of two, 10-4 thru 10-6, so vintage on Friday would make sense as there is no endurance.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I have no clue what we were thinking at the beginning of the year on this so I'll go over it with the boss and see if I made any notes and go from there. My guess is the plan was just a normal practice day on Friday. When I answered Vintage on Friday I was thinking GNF stuff.

Either way it'll all be sorted next week and I'll hopefully have everything done for the year.

20. Holy shit! If that weekend is actually double-header weekend, I would probably piss myself! That would be the awesomest thing ever. :clap: