1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Revin Kevin Rentzell

Discussion in 'General' started by 1FASTLX, Jun 5, 2017.

1. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

Shit! Lots of great memories of that crazy SOB. RIP Revin Kevin.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sorry to read this. Condolences to Kevin's family and friends.
    R.I.P., racer.

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Terrible...... Prayers to all...

4. jimgl3

jimgl3 Well-Known Member

"Robert died about a year ago."

sorry to hear that too. He was a character. He believed in corner speed. He would get riled up talking about people "squaring up" the corners.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The whole family was great, the only one left is his brother Linsey. Looks like Barbara (ex wife and his oldest daughters mom) will be handling arrangements. His daughter graduates next week so the plan is around the 22/23. She's in touch with Evelyne so I'll let everyone know once plans are set.

Fucking Kevin. Yet again I want to smack him upside the damn head. :(

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Darn. I was hoping this wasn't true. I remember his name from AMA Pro races back in the day.

RIP

Knotcher likes this.
  7. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

[​IMG]

From a race a long time ago. He seemed really happy with his life now, such a sad day. RIP.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rockingham?

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Yes. 1987. Pitted beside us with Paul Bray and the stripper chick. Always a character. He had the most dedicated Race Mom ever. So many stories....not all of them politically correct. Or maybe any of them.

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

For all the youngsters racing WERA- this guy was a pioneer of club racing. Much respect is due.

11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Hope you don't mind Sean. Loved to see the guy ride a motorcycle. I never could decide if him or Quarterly fit the Earnhardt intimidator roll best.

weber#465 and Brad like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Push come to shove I'd bet Kevin could make Dale back down. Also I never mind racing vids.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn that was a cool race.

14. PVR46

PVR46 Well-Known Member

It's beyond sad these events and these great guys leaving us. Beyond sad. I still remember Randy Renfrow's funeral and wake like it was yesterday and now the WERA and racing community of late has taken so many hits. I am shocked at Kevin's passing/accident. Great guy, happy and colorful racer that always went 120%. Race on in Peace brother.

All I could find was this due to my poor Google skills. If it's out of place, advise me or delete, Sean.

http://newschannel9.com/news/local/crash-claims-the-life-of-well-known-chattanooga-motorcyclist

Dave Hammer

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not out of line at all, just saw it on Facebook and was going to post it. Some great memories from people in that article.

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I remember he often had the uncanny skill of quickly snapping the bike from full lean up to the fat part of the tire. Was fun watching him over the years. RIP racer.

17. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I remember the name and I'm sure I saw him at Pocono.

RIP racer...

18. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I am totally over racers younger than me dying, although I was close once.
    Rest in Peace Kevin. Prayers for your family. I didn't know Kevin but damn any race he was in was guaranteed to be exciting as hell!
    Too much pain and loss lately.

19. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Sucks. RIP Kevin.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Something that is purely because of Kevin is I find myself thinking about him, tearing up and at some points giggling out loud because of memories of him. Boy was a goof of the highest order and I mean that in the best way possible.

My first time really interacting with him was right after I had moved south. We were at Talladega and I was working corners in the 90's. We break for lunch and he and Barbara (Evelynes best friend at the time and one of the officials) were running to McDonalds for a bunch of people. I put in my order but had to go back out to my corner before they got back. Didn't get lunch but figured I had a head start on dinner so life was good. First race out, don't even remember the class, here comes Kevin on the warm up, I wave like normal and he pulls over the edge of the track in my corner - I'm thinking oh shit either he broke or he thought I was stopping him for something. I go running over to see what's up and he grabs my lunch from the tank where he had it sitting. I about lost it laughing. That's far from the only story but it's one that describes him perfectly - goofy as hell and still helping people out at the same time.

I have a lot of people I know and who I'm friendly with, Kevin is one of the few that I would call my friend. Even not talking to him more than once a year and sometimes less I always knew I could call him up if I needed something and vice versa and it was always as if nothing had changed since the last time we saw each other. Never even thought about it that way before this morning, it was always just something that was, didn't need qualification. Going to miss him.

weber#465, AJ, ungwaha and 16 others like this.