1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Revin Kevin Rentzell

Discussion in 'General' started by 1FASTLX, Jun 5, 2017.

1. 1FASTLX

1FASTLX Member

Not sure where to post this. My friend Kevin was killed in a truck crash this morning outside of Chattanooga (6/5/17). I know some of you knew him and we will all miss him very much. Please pass this along. I do not have any details or arrangements so if you know anything post it up. Scott

2. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Holy crap!! Is this going to stop? What a couple of weeks!! RIP Kevin! Enjoyed watching you ride back in the day!

Big Sherm likes this.
  3. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

DAMN!!! RIP Revin' Kevin!

4. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Lots of great memories watching him race.
    He had a great mechanic too!!
    RIP

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

RIP Kevin.

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

RIP, Kevin

7. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

It's a shame we can't all learn a lesson from these losses. None of us is guaranteed we'll see tomorrow. Young, old, healthy or sick. That's the only solace I can take from Nicky's loss, is that he lived the life he wanted. Hoping Kevin was able to do the same.

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Damn RIP Revin Kevin. Spent alot of days admiring him and wondering how to catch him.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

10. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

When I bought my Ducati 888 in 1993, my first weekend at the track was at RRR in Savannah. Bike was wobbling like hell going down the front straight. This guy, a total stranger to me, spent over an hour helping out a hopeless, hapless newbie to try and trace down the problem. (Turns out the frame had a factory 'tweak' in it that required some Kent Soignier (sp) attention at GMD Computrack.). But Kevin kept checking in on me all weekend between winning several races in several classes. I took him and his girlfriend to dinner at some crabshack restaurant near the track that night to thank him. He shared so many tips for me that night. I'll never forget the kindness extended to me by this expert racer. RIP Kevin. I will miss you, and cherish the memory of your kindness when you helped out this first-time racer.

MikeR, Big Sherm, CowboyRR and 15 others like this.
  11. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

RIP Kevin

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where'd you find out about this?

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Wow. Never knew him, but definitely knew of him.

RIP

15. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I just said the same thing. That man got me into so much trouble growing up. Glad I got to see him a few months ago. I will miss that crazy mofo.

16. oilslinger

oilslinger Well-Known Member

Where did you see this? I've been following local news sites since the crash happened, being in Chattanooga. They haven't released names yet. I am also very close to some of Kevin's good friends and haven't heard anything about this. I really hope this isn't true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm finding nothing at all about him or a car/truck crash around Chattanooga.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where was the crash?

19. oilslinger

oilslinger Well-Known Member

On 24 west of the city. Headed towards Nashville I believe after the 59 split. Supposedly a semi crossed the median and hit another semi head on and collected a couple cars as well. Two people died according to local news but again, no names released yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Hancock likes this.
  20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Kevin wasn't listed, if it's the same crash from, 3 days ago.