1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rick and Morty

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Aug 15, 2014.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I was up late the other night and caught this show by accident.

Holy balls, what a riot.

Think a combination of:

Back to the Future
    Simpsons
    Futurama
    South Park
    Family Guy

Some of the most hilariously demented shit, and anybody who's a fan of the above should watch it. I will be bingeing the rest of season 1 this weekend (11 total episodes). All the eps are on Youtube.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's definitely a twisted show. I like it :D

3. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I love the show. Me and the wife have been watching since it started.

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Just watched two episodes. I didn't find it funny.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You've been in Canadia too long. I bet if all the dudes dressed as women (a la Kids in the Hall) you'd think it was funny.

throwdown likes this.
  6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Ha. I am more of a robot chicken kinda guy.

lewisfair123 and cha0s#242 like this.
  7. NemesisR6

Watched all eleven episodes over the weekend........hooked.

Most of the first few were good despite rehashing certain elements that have been touched on many times before, but I think it was Episode 5 that sealed the deal, "Meeseeks and Destroy."

This show reminds me a lot of Futurama, just way more twisted.

The endings of certain episodes ("Rick Potion #9" and "Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind" in particular) had a very unique twist and continuity that take this show beyond just gross-out, vulgar humor.

New favorite animated series, and can't wait to see where they take things in Season 2.

8. rhouck

rhouck wat?

Watched four eps of this last night. I thought it was hilarious. Will definitely watch the rest and look out for season 2.

A lot of Adult Swim is just too out there (unless you are 20 and high), but I felt like this pushed the edge without being obnoxious. The Futurama comparison is good, just definitely more twisted and hopped up on speed.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Squidbillies is fantastic if you live or have lived anywhere near ATL :D

10. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

My friend just introduced me to Rick and Morty. I'm hooked. I watched both seasons in just under two days. It took me a good 4-5 hours to get the song "Get Schwifty" out of my head. That and, "You can run, but you can't hide.... Bitch!"

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Blah blah blah. Channel?!

12. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Adult Swim - Cartoon network... I think you can find all of the episodes either on Youtube, or maybe Netflix or Amazon...

2 seasons. Each one is like 20 minutes, and I think there's only 10 episodes per season. Season 3 is supposed to come later this year.... Oh yeah - keep watching through the credits too. There's always a final scene.

13. NemesisR6

It really is a brilliant show. Consistently funny but manages to occasionally take a more serious tone, especially regarding Rick's psyche. The ending of Episode 3 of season 2 where he fails a suicide attempt was one of the hardest-hitting scenes in television, let alone animated shows.

"Keep Summer Safe."

pfhenry likes this.
  14. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

Wub-a-lub-a-dub-dub! I love that show. It's like Doctor Who on crack.

15. NemesisR6

Season 3 finally premiered.....completely un-advertised on April Fool's Day. One of the best, casual (but playful) middle fingers that the geniuses behind this show have come up with.

Crazy first ep.....had to watch a few times to catch all the little things.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. six6two

six6two AWD

This may be my all time favorite show. Dan Harmon is a revolutionary. I'm pretty sure that new episode is non cannon... PEACE AMONG WORLDS!:D

17. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Rick and Morty is good shit... and the April fools thing was epic. I'm really looking forward to the new season... and some god damned szechaun sauce.

18. NemesisR6

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

My favorite episode is the one where Morty buys an alien sex bot in a pawn shop (S1E7 Raising Gazorpzorp).