1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rick and Morty

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Aug 15, 2014.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I can't tie down a favorite, but I'm leaning towards "The Rick's Must Be Crazy."

The whole Keep Summer Safe subplot (along with the main plot) was just so freaking good....

"Blow me."

"No, no, no.....blow me."

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Kicking this thread up but Rick & Morty is some good shit. It succeeds in being one of the dumbest and most intelligent show on TV at the same time. Think dick jokes vs. string theory and you will have an idea. Excellent.

NemesisR6 and badmoon692008 like this.
  3. I love this show. I can't wait for the next season July 30th. The interviews they post with the creators on facetubes are great.

4. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

'Morty Night Run' is my favorite. Deep moral questions combined with an ongoing fart joke.

Not going back to the carpet store is a deep message about how one chooses to live one's life.

5. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Never heard of this show. I'm gonna have to look for this.

6. cha0s#242

After watching the first season and half the second one, the episode where Rick trolls the Devil himself is my favorite.

7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I learned recently, the show was originally "The Adventures of Doc and Mharti" - it was a parody of Back to the Future. Justin Roiland was getting harassed by Universal's lawyers about another show involving Bill Cosby and he made a short (pretty crude too) that was sort of a protest, but ended up changing the characters and the subject slightly (dimensions vs. time), bringing us Rick and Morty.

My favorite might just be Lawnmower Dog. Everything about that episode is hilarious and awesome.

"Where are my testicles, Summer?"

"Snuffles was my slave name.... You shall now call me Snowball because my fur is pretty and white."

Kyle Brosius and badmoon692008 like this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Meh, I watched an episode a few minutes ago and it was okay. I'd watch it again if I came across it but wouldn't go looking for it.

In Your Corner likes this.
  9. cha0s#242

The parallels to the Back to the Future characters are still quite evident.

10. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

It is more easily appreciated to start with se1eps1 and go through it that way. Continuity is important to the writers.
    Infinite time lines and infinite possibilities in an infinite universe leaves a lot of possibilities for the show, hopefully it will last another nine seasons.

I want my g0ddamm Szechuan sauce! Whatever it takes!

11. NemesisR6

The wife and I were watching the "Get Schwifty" ep the other night and she damn nearly fell out of bed laughing at this exchange:

Morty: What-- What am I eating? Wh-what is this, bird-- birdseed?
    Bird Person: It is random debris. I found it in my carpet. I don't know what humans eat.
    Tammy: You know what this human eats.
    Bird Person: Don't be gross, Tammy.
    Tammy: (whispers) Bird di*k.
    Morty: Tammy, gross.

Can't wait for the new season.

Pickle-Rick!!!!

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. NemesisR6

Damn I love this show. Awesome episode, and all the Mad Max ties were just brilliant.

Plus the after-credits sequence.....

"Unless... my suffering is your nourishment?" - Jerry

*howls*

:crackup:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  13. Lawn Dart

:whoosh:
    Looossserrr....

14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I bet Carlton would hate it.

Because humorless.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  15. NemesisR6

Anybody out there making a killing on Szechuan Sauce?

16. Lawn Dart

The recipe is out. Anyone who wants to can make it at home w/ that Babish dude from facetubes.

Oh, and The Ricklantis Mixup - Training Day/Tales from the Citadel is probably my new favorite episode. The writing is pretty clever to include all the pop culture references.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    terminus est and badmoon692008 like this.
  17. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I am now a convert. The show is damn funny. I just needed to stick with it a little longer.

18. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Awesome show. Some stuff is really messed up To the point of being disturbing. The psychological stuff is deep.

Makes you think. Then Rick burps.

badmoon692008 and NemesisR6 like this.
  19. NemesisR6

It's been very interesting to see how much Morty has changed in season 3. In many episodes, he has become a grizzled old veteran already when it comes to some of their adventures......

There is a very interesting theory out there that Rick IS Morty, and that the reason he is so depressed is that he is essentially having to groom his own "grandson" to lead a life that he loathes and knows will rip him apart emotionally and physically. I don't really buy into it that much, but there are some compelling arguments.

This season didn't quite have the emotional impact/payoff as previous seasons, but still some real gems buried in there.

Going with "Rest and Ricklaxation" as my fav ep this season, however. Really cool twists and some interesting character revelations, and seeing Morty unburdened by all his phobias and anxiety was awesome.

20. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Come home to the impossibile flavor of your own completion, come home to Simple Rick's.