1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repurposed old grips

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Apr 29, 2018.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

2. britx303

3. britx303

4. britx303

I had a total of 8 doors on the job like this,besides this one that had the transom cut from the top and ship-lapped. 4-1/4" thick.......heavy to say the least. Working on uploading more.........obviously taking a long time:oops:

Mblashfield likes this.
  5. britx303

[​IMG]Inside with the door open,you can see the ship-lap/half-lap I mentioned,for wind/weather.

6. britx303

[​IMG]Parquet cieling panels......each at 42" between the crown trimming it out,as a size reference.

7. britx303

All solid european rustic oak,besides the outside faces of the exterior door are american oak. Not a single piece of plywood/chipcore or mdf throughout the entire job. Ive got lots more pics,but they start looking the same or similar.

Mblashfield likes this.
  8. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

That door is fucking badass.

britx303 likes this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Where's the old grips ? :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. britx303

Thank you Sir!

11. britx303

The OP wanted to see some pictures of examples of what I do,a few posts/months ago:D Theres loads more pics,just gotta find the ones that will kinda guide throught the house to give a better visual. Some people have a hard time following floorplans etc.

Mblashfield likes this.
  12. joec

joec brace yourself

I had a really nice ax handle heart framer several years ago that I really liked. I broke the ash handle on it and then made another ax handle from purple heart. About a month later I left it sitting on a bar I was installing and someone on site stole it. Lol.

Damned African mahogany is hateful.

Mblashfield likes this.
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And just like that... Broome's home remodeling plans changed yet again...

:bow:

Nice work, sir!

panthercity and britx303 like this.
  14. That looks like work, screw that :). Too bad the family farm in Canada is so far, if you are into that kind of stuff we have some logs that are pretty rare. Some are sawed and some not. We have a 60x 80 “shed” as my grandpa calls it with logs and boards (most with 1/4 to 1/2” spacers in between of all kinds of crazy stuff. We give quite a bit away to wood carving people. The amount of money in wood in there is pretty insane but it’s a hobby for us on and old saw mill. We have 2, one fully original and one we converted with hydraulics, runs off tractor PTO, lift crane, etc. Usually if someone wants something cut we will just do it for them for free or make a deal keeping x amount of boards or logs. Every piece of finished wood items that are non building related all the wood cane into the farm as a log. That includes everything from bad ass cabinets to 9/ soon to be 10 fully size stage coaches (exception being wheels purchased from the Amish). I got into wood carving for a while. I always liked “cobra” bmx grips that is slightly modify with a few touches on the belt sander.

Mblashfield likes this.
  15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

"Hey, Britx, do you have your stick rule?"

"Yes"

"Good. I need 792 vertical mullions at 26-15/16"."

Nice work. Are the flat panels hardwood too?

16. :stupid:

I can imagine being at work and sending someone after a hammer, and they came back with some of that shit.

The hazing would be relentless.

But the chances of that are slim to none. I’ve never seen one of those “hammers” offshore. :D

17. britx303

Yes,the flat panels are all solid too. Zero plywood/chipcore/mdf throughout the house. The owner was extremely strict in keeping it oldskool,which I really appreciated.

18. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Amazing skill set. I love seeing handmade craftsmanship like this. That ceiling though, how many hours are in each panel?

19. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Fantastic stuff!!
    Thanks for posting!

20. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

397108A4-97B0-44ED-8375-70D204DD0233.jpeg E1C8E2BF-8556-45AE-9723-9BA8D7802B13.jpeg 6E3A3CCC-E4FC-45A7-ABE4-1D92B4EE43E7.jpeg 730CC778-2462-4F26-B746-914E9B3908CF.jpeg C3C251B0-2347-4EF6-B72B-0BCD2C3FEEE5.jpeg A69D4587-4CDB-470D-9082-C8C7374E7BCF.jpeg A couple more cool little projects. The PurpleHeart make a beautiful mess.

panthercity and britx303 like this.