1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Bull Straight Rhythm

Discussion in 'General' started by socalrider, Jun 18, 2014.

1. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

That's all fine and dandy for show, but look how many times that move has landed his ass in the dirt.

You don't see Dungey doing that shit and he is racking up championships left and right while bubba's at home with a broken this or that.

2. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Ugh a quick google image search says otherwise.

3. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

pitching it sideways keeps the bike low, a la scrubbing, but also slows the bike way more in the air which lets the riders jump going slightly too fast and not over jump the landing.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Its not for show, its faster. Wheels on the ground accelerating is faster than flying thru the air. Of course there are risks with it, but isn't everything that reduces lap times?

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Never that I can recall. He pushes hard and hits the ground, but I promise whatever he does on the bike is for speed, not style.

I'm a huge Dungey fan, but Stewart has like three times more SX wins than dungey, about the same number of titles, and he had to race RC. No comparison

Oh, and if you don't see Dungey laying that KTM flat, you need to pay closer attention.

6. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

all parts of this post, spot on.

well, im a "dungey fan" but not a HUGE dungey fan.

7. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I was just using Dungey as an example. I never see any of the other fast guys lay over near as far as bubba, I also never see any of them lay over and run off the edge of the track as much as bubba either.

8. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

socalrider, did you go to this last year? I was thinking about making the journey out to see it tomorrow.

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Then you're simply not paying attention.

In fact I'd say canard and Barcia throw it flat more than Stewart.

It's 100% speed not style. When it's the last lap or the parade lap it's style.

In the race, the sooner then wheels get on the ground the sooner they can get to the next jump/corner.

Period

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I listened to a recent interview with Stewart where he was talking about what he started, and the fact that there are guys at the amateur level right now who are scrubbing every jump so hard it scares him to watch.

Case in point: My man Brian. This guy about drags his number plate off some faces, and he's just a local A-rider.

[​IMG]

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I remember listening to MC give this answer back in the 90's when asked why he wasn't jumping as high as everyone else during the races.

12. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

No I didn't... Wife decided to have our baby that weekend so I sold my tickets and watched it on tv. Selfish right?

This year, I slacked and just didn't make plans since they would require brining a 1 year old and I just don't feel like dealing with that

13. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Anybody hear anything about RJ Hampshire? That crash made me sick to my stomach. I couldn't even watch the rest of the races...

Hope he's okay

15. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

currently awake and breathing and being transported to hospital

16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'm glad he's alive. That was terrifying.

17. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

That was good stuff! Looking forward to SX this year.