1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rattle Snake Poblem

Discussion in 'General' started by Ed Sorbo, Aug 22, 2012.

1. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

2. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Good luck hitting a snake with that lil ole thang...:D

3. tunawest

hahaha I know..... I initially bought some snake shot, but then got home and found out that you cant use snake shot with this. The snake rounds have a square tip, and dont fit. Then, upon reading the directions, it actually says you cant use snake load in the .38

So, I took the ammo back and got some regular shit, which means I will actually have to aim

4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Im scared stupid of snakes and anything else with teeth that act like doctors needles, all injecting and crap. Walking threw the desert around kingman one day I came across a rattler about as big as the pic posted from tuscan and about as close before I noticed him. I had a M1 carbine across my back. I shot into the ground a couple times while swinging it towards the snake I was so suprised and scared. The son of a B took 9 shots and STILL came at me. Took another 3 to finally kill him. I sold the carbine and bought a FAL. Rattlesnakes are evil and they want to kill you. Don't take chances with em.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Babies. I caught a rattlesnake and brought it to my mother when I was 4.
    I used to catch and keep snakes for pets every summer. I had a beautiful copperhead one summer, along with a ring neck and a DeKay's snake, two very small snakes.
    Snakes are cool.

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

speaking of snakes, while ay Doc fri morning there was a dead one in the lot lite brown with a darker brown markings. What was it? besides dead..lol. A crow was eating it when i pulled in

EDIT*** looked it up, was a copperhead.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  7. In Your Corner

Could also have been a corn snake. Its easy to mistake one for the other. Corn snakes are more common. You'd have to get a good look at the snout. The copperhead has a blunter, squarer snout and the typical larger nostrils of a pit viper.

8. tunawest

well, went riding at the same spot this morning, and didnt come across any snakes. But I was sure looking for them!

9. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

But what happened to Sorbo, not you sissies. :D

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

This one had a squished head from a car tire and partially eaten by the birds. :cool:

11. In Your Corner

That does make identification tougher.

12. Ed Sorbo

Ed Sorbo Well-Known Member

I'll bet this Gopher Snake is what my wife saw. This one is outside my front door right now.

Attached Files:

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

14. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Start being concerned when you start seeing North Carolina sized rattle snakes...

[​IMG]

15. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

Billy at Vexcon! :D

16. Almostryan3

Almostryan3 Well-Known Member

Holy shit that's a big rattler! I would die if I saw that alive haha

17. Seeley

Seeley Well-Known Member

Every year, the rattlesnakes move out of the "wild" greenspace between a few developments into the neighborhoods where I live. It freaked me out the first couple (10?) years I'd find them run over in the street or hiding around the yard.

No idea why, but this year, walking up on a 2 to 3 footer (looked a lot longer at the time) that was staking out a bush in the yard didn't send me into my usual primal terror.

I'd noticed over the past couple weeks that the rabbit and squirrel population in the backyard was dwindling. Once they are gone, the snakes will move on, I hope, but this year I'm not going to break out the Northern Tool propane flame thrower to scorch everything in the backyard back to dirt to force the move.

We sort of looked each other over this time, he was sort of coiled, but didn't shake his rattle. After about what felt like an hour but was really only about 45 seconds, she moved away to get cover under the hosta plants. I moved away to get cover on the couch and watch WSB Monza start to finish.

The first year I saw one in my yard, I managed to set the roof gutters on fire killing it in the underground draintube it thought it escaped into. My wife was not happy. Neighbors however, have steered clear since that incident, so I figure it was a win/win.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Holy fuck that's a big rattler :wow:

You must have measured it, how long ? I'm guessing 8'.

19. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

It is dead right? I mean you aren't holding something that massive that close to your junk, right?

I would have dumped in my pants for sure on something like that. I don't know how you all do it, but I respect the shit out of you.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That can't be real!