1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for the lefties

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Feb 7, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yeah but military gets disrespect no matter who the talking head at the helm of the White House is. Veterans got shat on when Obongo and Clinton were in office the same as they were with Bush or Trump.

dtalbott likes this.
  2. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Especially in VA Medical Centers, still.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yes, perpetually. Vets comprise a far too disproportionately high percentage of the homeless and suicidal. That is unacceptable no matter which party is in charge.

jase, sheepofblue and SnacktimeKC like this.
  4. SnacktimeKC

Wholeheartedly agree.

5. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

I always wondered why we didn’t do a parade. We do air shows and that is a parade of its self where you have heritage flights to modern planes. I always wondered why we don’t do it for ground forces we have some bad ass military stuff. And we can laugh at Russia cause our shit won’t breakdown in the parade.

France does it I thought they were way liberal but fascist it is I guess.

blkduc likes this.
  6. SnacktimeKC

We shouldn’t honor our troops by copying the surrender monkeys. They’re clearly making up for their shortcomings.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Parades used to be, if not common, not all that unusual...Veterans Day, Memorial Day, July 4th. It wasn't all floats and parade, the military was a big presence. I suppose the anti-militaristic attitudes of the '60s and '70s ended a lot of that.

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Only if you take looting and wanton destruction of property into account.

R Acree likes this.
  9. SnacktimeKC

Yeah, because that’s been such a huge problem at those Washington DC is protest. Nice try Alice.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There's always a distinction without a difference for you guys.

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Always been true for the military regardless of who is President. That's why, in the military, you are taught to honor the office if not the man.

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Your tax dollars go to pay for the extra police presence who handle crowd control, traffic, etc...

Probably pays for the people who clean up afterwards, too.

XFBO likes this.
  13. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Didn’t realize I was in the dungeon and expected this to be about left hand dominant individuals.

I was disappointed.

14. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

As a Vet and taxpayer, I'm not 100% opposed to this if it was done on Veteran's Day or the 4th. If it's done on any other day than those two, it's Trump doing it for Trump and fuck that draft dodging moron.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  15. ton

ton Arf!

[​IMG]

Chino52405 likes this.
  16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'd be all for something that was extremely people (soldiers/vets) focused and was done on both local and national levels. I'd prefer if everyone lined up at 6am on Memorial Day to see their friends family and neighbors than on Thanksgiving to see Santa and kick off xmas retail season.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I have several issues with this parade:

Tax dollars spent while the debt is in the trillions.
    Government and military leaders spending time and money on this, while there is so much real work to do.
    Military spending time on this instead of preparedness and the mission.
    If it is like 1991, the tanks caused issues with the Metro tunnels. The metro system does not need that headache, as it already has enough issues.

With that said counter protesting is just as dumb.

A parade held on Veterans day that is about the veterans, not the military hardware would be fine.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think Trump is suggesting it to get the haters to freak out yet again and go off the deep end. Every time they do so the more middle of the road people support him.... He's playing the idiots like a fiddle. It's beyond obvious but they keep falling for it, has me rolling :D

19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This is the question at hand. Disagree all you want about should it be done, tax money spent and all. But the giant douchebag festival of protesting morons will be a turning point for some "on the fence" voters.

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

ding ding ding!! Trump is a 4D chess player...libs can't figure out what the horsey shaped piece does.

XFBO likes this.