1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting your pet to sleep...

Discussion in 'General' started by forceten, Apr 27, 2011.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

I feel for you. Really a terrible thing.

2. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

That sucks man. Do they have to quarantine dogs if you can prove they've had their rabbies shots recently?

3. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

So sorry you and your friend are going through this Panther

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yes, by state law, anytime a person is bit, the dog must be quarantined for 10 days for observation. Regardless if their shots are up to date. If the animal is not alive, the head must be sent to Austin for rabies testing.

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Well...that pretty much sucked. R.I.P. Sheba

Sorry to hear of what you had to go through, PC

6. forceten

forceten Well-Known Member

RIP sheba, buster, bubba and whoever else went through a loss.

I stayed away from this thread since my princess passed away. Was just going through older emails and a link to this thread popped up. Was kinda nice reading through it all again, but then started stirring up sad feelings...... Its been 5 months, and I still think about her every day, just little things I miss. I can't say its gotten easier but nothing like the few days before and few days after.

7. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

If you go through anything like I did, it's been 2 yrs now, and I still think about my pup everyday..:( I know I shouldn't but I can't help it.

8. bldg636

bldg636 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your pet bro . . . I only made it through the second page of posts before I started tearing up myself . . As a pet owner of my english bulldog, I can't even imagine having to let him go, although I know it'll happen eventually . . . . . I know everyone is different, but I think I would definitely want to be with my pet when he passes . . . I think we owe that to them to be there with them in their final moments just like they were always there for us, tails waggins or kittens purring . . . . . You're doing everything you can, so just keep doing your best . . . In the end, that's all any of us can really do . . Best of luck man

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Three months for me, think about him every day, especially when I went duck hunting without him for the first time in 14 years. Still havent brought myself to read the letters from the girls at the vet who took care of him all his life.

10. bldg636

bldg636 Well-Known Member

oops sorry . . didn't see how old this post was . . . in any case, my recommendation remains

11. worthless

Hasn't even been a month since we had to put Sheba down and unfortunately, at 3:40 this afternoon, her playmate for the last 15 years, Gizmo, will be going to join her.
    This really sucks.

12. worthless

That really sucked.
    They're haunting us already. After I came home, I went around with trash bags to empty the litter boxes (one upstairs, one in the basement). As I brought the bag up from the basement and went to put it in the garbage can in the garage, I look back only to see that the bottom of the bag had a tear and there was a trail of litter the whole way through the garage, laundry room, kitchen, and down the stairs. The shop vac left me with a nice could of dust also since the top wasn't complete sealed. Thanks a lot, you two...could have at least let the tears dry before you got back at me.

13. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Their way of saying they're ok.

14. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I hate this thread. I know it's supposed to be cathartic and all, but I still hate even seeing it on the main page. Put my Rott down 3 years ago (first dog I ever owned on my own) and there are still times when it'll just hit me and I get emotional. My wife says I'm the most unemotional person in the world :rolleyes: but the pets just get to ya, I 'spose.

RIP to everyone's best friends who have moved on out there.

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

RIP Max, out Grumpy Old Man. We only had you a year, but you were a great puppy and you're already missed.

This was his 1 year anniversary with us yesterday.

Max.jpg

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Sorry my friend. I feel you pain and it's still very fresh. RIP Max.

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

RIP Max.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Sorry, know how you feel. Went thru it 6 months ago, got the replacement on friday.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

RIP, Max.

Good on you for taking on a senior dog. It's a tough commitment knowing your time will be brief, but the reward of giving them love in their golden years is worth it.

20. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

I just my Shiba of 18 years down Saturday. My kids are still crying.