1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psalm 46: Jesus of Tavullia Reborn

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

seriously... i would venture to say that ever since the first big leg break, Rossi lost a bit of the killer spirit. Ducati took a little out of him. Marco dying definitely took a little of his firey spirit away...

if Marquez was there before any of those and won? maybe i'd agree, but Rossi hasn't been in his prime for a few bunch of years now at this point. its not Marc's fault, that's just life, but he don't get that notch on his belt.

BigBird likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Rossi has had to change his riding style to keep up with Marquez. One would think that made him even better than he was before.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not these days.

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Colin fucking Edwards said he was the GOAT.
    Sorry wankers, but Colin > all of yous. :D

Sweatypants and BigBird like this.
  5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Definitely, but the thing that some people are missing is that the job is a grind. Seems like a dream to us, but it's a lot of work. The training, testing, and travel must wear you down and it's very rare for someone who's been at it as long as Rossi to keep working and improving. Old dogs and new tricks and shit.

Most careers are over by 30 and I honestly believe it has more to do with the mental part than physical. What impresses me most about Rossi is that he has enough money and nothing left to prove, but he still has the fire.

Time will tell if Marquez burns out or keeps his pace. He seems to be having fun, so hopefully we get to see him race for quite a few more years.

vance and BigBird like this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

This is the only way Rossi can beat his competition.... 26pedrosa,46rossi,93marquez,99lorenzo,_pressconf-6_original.jpg

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

A dead horse only dies once, so my guess is,..........never ending :D

8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

by winning championships multiple times over 2/3rds of them?

BigBird likes this.
  9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

The funny part is it's not like it's even new members. It's always the same old douches :crackup:

Banditracer, t500racer and G 97 like this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Fair statement. Although, I don’t think it necessarily made him “even better” rather it enabled him to prolong his competitiveness. I think one can make the argument that Rossi was well into the twilight of his prime the first year MM entered the premier class in 2013. It wasn't until after this season or 2014 ??? That Rossi found it necessary to change just to stay even / regress less.

I don’t think it’s a valid argument to make that Rossi was in his prime against MM much more than one season and even then, it is debatable.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Who you calling old? :Poke:

12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I poke rabid Rossi fans as much as humanly possible, but the fact that anyone will even argue he was still in his prime well past 30 really does say a lot about his talent.

vance and BigBird like this.
  13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

And Rossi said stoner was the fastest rider he's ever raced against and did things nobody else could....

So Colin<Rossi<Stoner

Banditracer likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Fair enough. How do you rate his 2007-2012 skill level?

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

What about 2015? He did really well that year.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Personally, I think he was as good as ever. But it's subjective.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I guess my POV, is that since the Alien inception, he has faced the toughest competition yet. Which speaks volumes of his abilities. But, MM, Lorenzo, and Pedro, racked up pretty good win totals against him.

So, is he fading? Are they better? Is MM that much better than all of the above?

Don't know. But the squirming is fun.

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Agreed and I bet all of them would say the same about Marquez, if they raced against him.

19. condon66

condon66 Member well known

All of y'all should try swearing more. Fuckers are uptight as fuck.

Sabre699, Banditracer and pickled egg like this.
  20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

It would never happen ! Even if his wife said it was OK .:D

vance likes this.