1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSA: Colonoscopy

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Had mine done in March, and I'm good for 10 years. A buddy of mine, who is 8 years younger, is alive today because he decided to have his at age 40. After they found the cancer and removed it, he has to have a Colonoscopy done twice a year. :up:

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dude! :crackup:

3. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

just do it

had my first one @ 63 . they took out two polyps ( benign) . did an endoscopy at the same time . after 40 years of paying premiums through the nose for high deductible insurance that never paid for anything nor covered me for any track related activities this new policy from the AHCA actually took care of the colonoscopy and most of the endoscopy. these procedures are about 5 grand. ( I was good there too from another motorcycle related injury 25 yrs ago) . yeah that jackson juice knocks you out so quick you don't have time to blink. no dreams or nothing. one second you're thinking "when are they going to start" and the next it's "wake up mr. burns " . I sent darethea in for the same procedure. AND THIS IS WHY! when i was sitting up with my sister on her deathbed back in April I saw too dang many men about my age rolling and limping around with colostomy bags sticking out of their sides . you don't have to be old to get colon cancer. I have 3 neighbors that are packing those bags around on themselves as I speak err write. a simple screening could have prevented it. joke ass about it all you want but this is serious stuff. don't put it off . I think you're suppose to start getting screened @ about 50 . well that's my rant for today , barnacle bill and darethea

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Ok serious but funny questions.

Is it true that right after you shit your brains out?

What are signs/symptoms of
    Colon cancer? I'm 31 and my grandfather had it.

I'll be honest, I'm very very uptight at thinking about this...

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They have lube.

6. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Nope, you turn your butt into a fire hydrant BEFORE. They want things squeaky clean. You fart like a bastard after. They won't let you leave until you let a big one rip!

7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

No, you'll shit your brains out about an hour after you start drinking the prep fluid. :D
    After that, it'll be about a day+ before you shit again.

Once they pump you full of drugs, you won't feel a thing. I think the knockout is because most people are pretty anxious about someone, even a doc, playing with their butt. [not so much of a problem here :) ] I did mine (after a 45 minute negotiation with the doc) with an absolute minimum of anesthetic, and I could have done it without any. I did feel a bit of a pinch when they took out the polyps, but accidentally pinching my finger with a pair of pliers hurts 100x more.

They put CO2 in if necessary to make it possible to see everything, and you may fart a bit afterward. (I just slowly crop dusted the recovery room) It won't smell bad because you are clean as a whistle inside.

Check Google for symptoms. If you think you have any, talk with your doc and get checked.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  8. Signs/symptoms of colon cancer:

You: I havent felt well this week.

Doctor: You have stage 3 colon cancer. I'm sorry.

9. Poop

Poop solid today

this procedure is the bane of my existence right behind the act of feltching

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I don't think there is enough lube readily available to make me feel better about it.

How big around is this device?

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If ever a post was chock full of TMI, this right here is it. :wow:

Fizzer, glad your shitter is str8. :up:

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

My dad has one every 6 months. After the 3rd time around, the nurse told him that Apple Juice is much easier on you than Gatorade.

They want you to replace the electrolytes in your system since you will losing them in machine gun fashion.

13. beac83

About the size of your little pinky. About 0.4-0.6" in diameter

The prostate exam you get once a year from your doc is worse.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I'd say it's more garden hose like... ;)

15. beac83

How do you know? You were out cold! I at least was awake. :Poke:

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He's talking about how everything came out to make room for what went in. :up:

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

beac, I'd think any polyps you had would be kinds, you know, smoothed over...

:D

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn...

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

High five.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You mean, like a French tickler? :D