1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSA: Colonoscopy

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

It really isn't that big of a deal! The worst part is the prep before hand. Just had my first one this morning.

They found and removed two pollops so it was worth it IMO!

I guess I was pretty hilarious when they wheeled me back to the room when it was over. I just finished an epic motorcycle race! Too bad the wife didn't get it on video.

Propofol is awesome! Too bad Blue Cross doesn't cover it... bastards. At least it was only $150

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You paid someone $150 to stick something up your butt? You're doing it wrong. You should have negotiated, you could have gotten a diner, a movie AND $150. :D

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not ready for that one but I do have to go get a freaking MAMMOGRAM this afternoon:confused: I pointed out a lump in my left pec at my last checkup and the Dr. freaked out.

4. socal

socal Well-Known Member

I am due for one. I have a PPO. When I met with the Dr. I was told the cost after insurance would be $850.:eek:

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Weren't those Michael Jackson's last words?

6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Not unheard of for men to have breast cancer.

Apparently there is a cluster of them at Cherry Point, NC.

7. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Have you heard of the new action camera called the GoProbe. I saw an advertisement for it the other night when i was watching Saturday Night Live. ;)

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

metalhead to the colonoscopy phone

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I ain't putting my ear up to nobodies butt.

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I go Wednesday. I have to have an upper scope done too while they've got me out. I'm glad you posted that it wasn't bad. It helps me relax a bit. Thanks man, and I hope all turns out ok with you.:up::)

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

are you getting a donut pillion to sit on afterwards?

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Hey Fizzer, did you have to drink them two bottles of crap the day before?

13. CRA_Fizzer

8.3 oz of Miralax and 64 oz gatoraide yesterday.
    10 oz of magnesium citrate this morning (nasty shit)

commence turning butt into water faucet!! :wow:

14. CRA_Fizzer

I lost water tight integrity about 2.5 hours after the last glass of miralax.

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

This sounds bad. I'm calling mine off.

16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I've paid a lot more, and received a lot less. :down:

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I (heart) beac.:crackup:

18. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Don't put it off. If they find some polyps, they'll remove them. Easy peasy.

Let it go and that can turn into a lot worse situation.

I agree the prep is no fun. When I went, I convinced them to go easy on the knock out drugs so I could watch the video. Pretty damn fascinating to see inside your own body.

Still charged me for the anesthesia, though. Kind of annoying that the actual colonoscopy is covered as a preventative procedure, but the polyp removal and the anesthesia isn't covered. I guess I got off easy at about $250 out-of-pocket. :shrug:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I was just messin. I'm glad Fizzer posted this. Truth is, being proactive and staying ahead of the game is a good idea. I hope Fizzers results come out positive.:up:

20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Had one done for the first time a couple of months ago. The procedure itself is nothing, since you are unconscious. The prep is focking inhumane. Medicated wipes are your friend, but even with that it still feels before the end of the night as if you have take 60 grit sandpaper to your butt. Good news is clean as a whistle and do not have to go back for 10 years. :up: