1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protecting the herd.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Feb 12, 2020.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I understand how much you want OMB but also there is also some bad news to tell you about the easter bunny.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

If his defense team doesn't push for a re-trial, they are as useless as Mike Flynn's initial representation. By the way, Flynn was initially represented by a firm connected to Eric Holder. I find that suspect.
    D.C. is proven to be a bigger disgusting swamp by the day.

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Jesus Christ Man! You're gonna wreck his world.
    Please don't bring up Santa, too....it may be too much for him.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

No, that’s pretty much all I got. I’m not a fan of HuffPost type of headlines. :D:beer:

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Let’s not lose sight that Presidential intercede has precedent.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

You carried a 1 and got 5. :D

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Or an idiot. :D

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Itios of the world, Untie!!!!!!!

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

No idea what you are talking about. :D

10. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

usually when I'm wrong I end up at an even number... shit :p

11. Spang308

I think it's great the house is dragging Barr up on the hill to testify about his suggestion of lower sentence guidelines. Guess they haven't had enough of getting owned by him on national TV. I hope he takes the gloves off.

These morons remind me of Bradley Buzzcut, the gym teacher on Beavis and Butthead.
    "Kick me in the jimmy!"
    :crackup:

12. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

That would have been on Stone's lawyers for not excluding that juror unless the Jurist lied during the selection process. I haven't heard any evidence that the Juror lied during that process.

code3ryder likes this.
  14. Spang308

15. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

And that would set fire to Peachmint II.

I like it.

16. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Not sure what the federal guidelines are for the crimes he was convicted of. I know it was a 7 count indictment and he was convicted , by trial, on all 7 counts.

After the trial a pretrial officer( Federal Probation Officer) conducts a thorough and comprehensive report of the defendants pass criminal activity, mental health, family history and so on. The PTO presents his report to the judge and reviewed by the judge prior to a sentencing hearing. The PTO also assigns a number in regards in his findings based criminal points system and a sentence recommendation based on the sentencing guidelines ( established in 1987 by Congress). The points are 1 being the lowest and 43 being the highest. The more points a defendant has the more his sentence moves up the scale in the guidelines With this information the judge along with statements from both the government and the defense and testimony given at the time of sentencing hearing the judge their decision as to the length of the sentence the defendant receives as well as an probation the defendant will receive after serving their time. The judge will also apply any monetary fines within the law to the defendant.

With that being said, the judge may depart upwards or downward from the guidelines under certain circumstances if he or she deems those circumstances are applicable by law. The judge can also decide whether to run the sentence concurrent or consecutive since each count/ conviction is a separate charge in this particular case.

Sorry for the ramble but that is the readers digest version of how a sentencing is supposed to work in the federal court system.

Quicktoy and cpettit like this.
  17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

So aside from that, it's OK?:crackup:

18. 2blueYam

Well, if the judge disallowed a defense attorney question to the jurors that might have thrown up a red flag you might have something. What do you think should have happened when this person was randomly selected for the jury?

19. Spang308

How about when she lies while being questioned during jury selection? I just read up on our little friend Tomeka Hart. She had zero business being on that jury.

20. 2blueYam

As I previously stated, if she lied that would be an issue. If there is proof she lied, prosecute her for perjury. At that point I imagine a judge would grant a new trial. Do you have a link to this evidence that she lied or do you just have an editorial from a far right wing website?