1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty pissed at American Airlines right now.

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

So got a last minute call for a funeral in Nebraska. I missed my flight from Miami. My fault, booked a next flight. So now flying out 2 days, American says since I missed the flight from Miami it canceled my return flight from Nebraska. I was nice but told them that's completely insane because one flight days apart has nothing to do with another one. Of course gave me a corporate number to call. I was like I'm here, have a confirmation number. No help, realized I was fucked, arguing was not going to help anything. Paid 500 dollars to get on a flight that I already had a ticket for. Coorparate greed at its finest

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You should at least get a hummer from the stewardess...

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

American definitely sucks.... My daughter was on a flight from Denver to DC. They had to land in Nashville because they forgot to fill the plane up with fuel.. I mean really?

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Your lifestyle, your choice.

Sometimes being away from society has its consequences.

Use Twitter to air your grief. Public shamming a corporation usually gets their attention.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think they pretty much all do something like that nowadays to discourage skiplagging and stuff like that.

motion and BigBird like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

People buy cheap round-trip tickets to only fly the outbound leg because there is a better fare than the one-way ticket. People buy tickets on routes that connect through a hub and don't get on the second flight because it was cheaper than buying the tickets to the hub as the final destination. That's the game. Sometimes you win, sometimes the airline wins.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

You must not fly much

TLR67 and Phl218 like this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've played those games a few times and they always end up getting you. You ain't gonna beat the house.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Delta

>

AA

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. :stupid:

I’ve done it. I went to buy a one-way ticket one time and the price was insane. I asked about a round-trip ticket and it was a lot cheaper. So I did that.

The funny part was when dude asked me “what date would you like for your return trip”, and my response was “Hell it don’t matter, pick whatever your favorite number is”. :crackup:

If you bought a round trip ticket and missed the first leg, it doesn’t surprise me that they canceled the rest of it.

11. On the subject of AA, if anyone plans on flying with them a lot, call and ask about the “Platinum Challenge”. When I did it, you couldn’t find it anywhere online, you had to call.

But if you fly 10,000+ miles in 3 months or less, you automatically get Executive Platinum status. I had no status with them and was going to go to Brazil a few times (which was almost 5,000mi one-way). Immediately got E.P. status.

KWyman133 and Phl218 like this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

A true free spirit would be thumbing rides, not flying.

418, wsmc42, motoracer1100 and 4 others like this.
  13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

We had to go to a funeral in Atlanta last week and the prices were outrageous for one way or round trip. We drove.
    The end

Gino230 likes this.
  14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Most airlines will give you a discount/voucher for a flight tied to a funeral if you ask for the requirements at booking time

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Has any brought up the word prominent yet?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I told you not to hide money on that plane.

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Do the chef thing...piss in their shrimp scampi.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

BigBird likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

F'in newbies…