1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty pissed at American Airlines right now.

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gawd, you've been here 20 years now.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

12 1/2 years!

Bushes bettah recognize!

[​IMG]

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Wife’s grandmother passed last week.

Checked flights , $3400 for an acceptable round trip, cheapest fare in economy.

Was a bit steep for placing an urn on a shelf.

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

As have you, IIRC. And I should know.

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

My lifestyle, flying to Nebraska from out of the country after hearing of a friend die. I did park and fly, missed a flight, paid another airline to make fast on time. Didn't really think or know that I paid for a flight and because I missed one 2 days before they cancel it. It's insane that I paid 450 bucks that a flight that I already paid for with a confirmation number

6. Captain Morgan

I don't want charity, just find it weird that I paid for a flight twice, and American Airlines acted like it was normal

7. YamahaRick

Welcome to Modern Society - The New Normal.

8. Captain Morgan

I was here on time early to fly out, they literally sold me a seat on the flight which I paid fof

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The time honored tradition of continuing to dig the hole when you think you've hit bottom.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You hit the bottom, you think that's all
    But the bottom opens up and you continue to fall
    And everywhere you turn to yell for help it goes unheard

R Acree likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh no. We hear it. And mock it mercilessly. :D

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Replace group with the BBS and . . .

[​IMG]

13. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

When we went to DC in june, left on wed. Friday my brother got a text from AA telling us our one way flight from DC to Chicago on Monday was cancelled. o_O Ended up on smaller planes that had a switch in Columbus. Flew from Ohare to Reagan on a AA 737-800. Flew back on 2 Republic (dba American Eagle) Embraer 175S. The 175S was ALOT more comfortable than the larger 737. The return flight cancellation was due to their fucking maintenance unions playing union games to fuck with AA. Fed judge told them to get to work and stop playing those games right after we got the text that the flight was cancelled.

Always HATED flying AA.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Captain Morgan

Is it normal to get ripped off in the us and just accept that's the way things are?

15. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

You didn’t get ripped off. You missed the flight and didn’t talk to the carrier about it. In their terms of carriage they tell you they will cancel your following legs if you miss one.

16. Captain Morgan

Yeah, they said because I missed my my Miami flight 2 days before that I voided the contract. It's a domestic flight, not a marriage or business contract. It's insane to think this is normal

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ummmmm...a ticket purchase is, indeed, a contract. I'm sorry the law doesn't suit your needs (and for the loss of your friend).

18. YamahaRick

Reading Is Fundamental.

19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

AA sucks balls. They last minute cancelled 3/5 flights I last booked on them, including cancelling one of the replacement flights of an earlier cancellation. Their remedy was basically ‘eat shit we don’t care’. Never again, I don’t care if they’re an eighth the cost of a competitor.

20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I got to learn the origin of the Prominent University comment!

Reading his rant makes you realize how much more power the consumer has nowadays. Assholes like that NW agent used to get away with murder, now with social media and the public shaming, customers have THE POWER!

BigBird likes this.