1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Predator 3500

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, May 25, 2020.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

2. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

It’s awesome. Plan and simple

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

About the limit of noise annoyance.
    Still wouldn't want to hear it at night.
    Northern Tool has the same thing, better warranty, same price.

4. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Lmao mine is quieter then my friends Yamaha generator lol

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

under load??

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

57db is too loud ?
    Guess you have not heard the ones Stickboy used to sell.
    That's what I'm replacing. It's an emergency generator.
    Plan on running a transfer switch.

7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I have one. Love it. As quiet as the Honda 3000

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

8. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

I've got hundreds of hours on mine. Runs non-stop every race weekend or when the power goes out here. I've done the regular oil changes, and clean the spark arrestor regularly. The only thing that's failed was the e-start battery (has a backup pull start), but it's a basic Yuasa type battery so easy enough to swap out with one of my old bike spares I've replaced with a lithium.

It's very quiet too, quieter than the same sized Yamaha.

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Works great. Same genny at Northern tool but different color. NT has been dropping the price to match HF.
    Almost as quiet as the Honda, but for the price you can't beat it. Wish the fuel tank was a tad larger. Runs my trailer all weekend. I've got 500hrs and friends have 800hrs. You will need to clear the spark arrester after a couple weekends.

10. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Good luck. Ours died and left us stranded on two different race weekends. Thankfully was able to return for full refund. Bought a Honda EU3000is and have never regretted it.

Honda quieter, runs longer on a tank, has been 100% reliable. I didn't buy a genny to have to work on it and tweak it all the time just for it to do it's job.

Check out Livewire Surplus in Cedartown, GA. I got my Honda for $1700 otd and it was bnib. Money well spent.

11. LrS

LrS brain dead

I purchased one. I was very reluctant to do so. I did tons of research, etc. etc.

I absolutely love the thing. It is whisper quiet it is been as reliable as anything I’ve ever had. As a matter fact I’m buying another one just for the hell of it

12. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Bought one a couple years ago, love it.

13. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Buddy has this as well and says it’s awesome. If you want a little more power for about the same money, look at an Onan/Cummins 4500 or a Westinghouse 4500 (they are the same), same low dbi ratings. Westinghouse even has remote start.

14. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

Great generator. Quiet too.

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Thanks, those are a little out of my price range.Have a coupon to buy it for $699

16. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I have 2 of them. No problems.

Make sure to keep up on cleaning the spark arrestor inside the exhaust pipe. It will get plugged up. I did find where adding vents to the oil change door helps them stay cooler. It seems the air is restricted a little. I haven't had mine overheat, but I added them anyway.

This is a replacement door to help
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/582007...ct3mGWav1PnGoufnVuOnZiR1wzuRU-9BoCYtAQAvD_BwE

I did this

Here's some info that may come in handy.

Ours runs on the front of the trailer as we go down the road and while were at the track. We've had it almost a year. It's been good.

TurboBlew, gixxernaut and Phl218 like this.
  17. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

There are a couple of doors on thingiverse.com that you can 3D print.

18. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

If you want to save an additional $100... enter code: 30265763

Happy shopping

Shenanigans, G Dawg and Phl218 like this.
  19. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Great units. Love mine.

20. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Still curious when RV onboard generators will move to inverter setups to reduce noise? Hell, easy enough to house the actual inverter separate too...