1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers for Al Wilcox

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannoli, Jan 25, 2011.

1. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Never went to Summit, and never actually met Al, but having heard and read about him I wish I had. RIP.

2. bodie1331

bodie1331 Well-Known Member

He was a really great story teller, and dedicated so many years to the sport. He will be sorely missed. RIP Al

3. Buckeye Fan

Buckeye Fan Well-Known Member

The Kook Abides

RIP Al. You were cool.

4. lwikle

lwikle Member

I can't find words to express my feelings about Al's passing....he meant so much to the Wikle family.... he would always come by and talk about flattrack racing and days gone by...RIP Al. God bless

And thank you Roger Lyle, for being Al's best friend and being with him all the way to the finish line.......LW

5. simon

simon Unstable

Rest in Peace Al.
    We'll all miss you.

6. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

"BUT! - The one percent I reserve for myself...." :bow:

The man was a classic, Godspeed...... :clap:

7. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

I took my first and last start flags from Al

You will be missed, Al

RIP

#249 Well-Known Member

Touche'

9. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Rest in peace racer

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Now that is the riders meeting quote I've been waiting for :D He did change things over the years depending on what was happening on the start grids.

11. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

RIP Mr. Wilcox

my sincere condolences...

12. WHendrix

WHendrix Well-Known Member

13. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Goodbye, Al. Say Hi to Julia when you meet her. I hear she has a new shirt for ya!

14. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Godspeed Al

I think I speak for all racers when you made a Summit race weekend the best around :bow:

15. mollydog

mollydog Well-Known Member

92 years is a long life, but guys like Al should live forever, and he will in our memories. And that's "No Con Job". RIP Al. Summit won't be the same without you.

Mollydog

16. PhilTheBiker

PhilTheBiker Active Member

I have attended many track days with Roger Lyles MotorcycleXcitement and listen to so many of Al's stories told in a way only Al could tell. My first WERA race ever was this last year (9/19/2010) and he was the starter at summit. I'm happy to have had him waive that green flag at the start of that race and the checkered flag at the end of that race for me. I will always have the memory of that silver watch of his. I'm sad not to know that my first race weekend will be the only race weekend I had him at the start/finish for me.

Al, I will see you in heaven someday where I'm sure I'll find you at the start finish line as Angels race to see who is faster and hearing of stories about how you told Evel Knievel to go ahead and go on down the road.

Phillip

17. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I'm crushed.
    I didn't realize until I looked in the other thread that Al passed. RIP :(

18. PhilTheBiker

PhilTheBiker Active Member

19. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

You will be missed Mr. Wilcox - and that is definitely no con job. RIP

20. sward

sward Active Member