1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers for Al Wilcox

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannoli, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Just got a note from Roger Lyle stating Al went into the hospital on the 17th. I don't have many details but your prayers are appreciated.

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Sent :up:

3. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

Prayers sent.

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Al is in my thoughts.

5. racertex

racertex vintage dude

email from Roger:

Hospital Stop for Al Wilcox
    Al Wilcox, "The Trenton Flash" from New Jersey, went into the hospital on January 17. Al just turned 92, was a former Harley-Davidson factory racer from 1948 -1951, AMA national #49, and "Starter to the Stars for 52 Years", "Airborne Al" has been a hero to many racers and fans throughout the years. His lifetime dedication to motorcycle racing is like no other. In Al Wilcox's first professional motorcycle race , the 1947 Daytona 100 mile novice race on the beach, he finished third, out of 150 starters! Al raced that Daytona Beach course 11 times. He raced at over 360 tracks in the U.S.A. and Canada. In 1951, Al was ranked the 5th best in TT Racing. Al was also a motorcycle race promoter and had Evel Knievel jump at his event. After the Evel Knievel movie was made, Evel's price for jumping skyrocketed. When Al asked how much his performance would cost, he told him "Evel hit the road". Since 1959, Al has started and flagged hundreds of AMA Pro races, thousands of WERA races, and has been the official starter for Roger Lyle's Motorcycle Xcitement Track Days and Road Racing School, forever. Al Wilcox brings style and class to the racetrack. His uniforms are always sharp and colorful. His true stories of life at the racetrack are incredible, and it is mandatory that he tell one story at every riders meeting with Motorcycle Xcitement. The wisdom that this man possesses is phenomenal. AL will be inducted into the Daytona 200 Monument this March 9 on the boardwalk behind the Hilton Hotel. We hope you can attend.

You can help Al Wilcox get out of the hospital by sending your love, get well wishes, and photos to our brother, hero and friend. This is the best medicine I can recommend. I know this works. He reads everything!
    Al's address is 22 Vermont Street, Trenton, New Jersey 08648-4537.
    God Bless Al Wilcox, Motorcycle Racing's National Treasure!

Roger Lyle
    www.MotorcycleXcitement.com
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    301-933-2599

6. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I saw Al a few weeks ago, and am on my way to go visit him in the hospital again now. I won't put other people's medical stuff out on the web, but Al just celebrated his 92nd birthday. Every racer who has taken a flag from Al in the last 50 years should be leaping in the air now, cheering him to health and victory.

GO AL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

#249 Well-Known Member

Prayers sent. Get well soon my friend. :up:

8. r8ed600rr

r8ed600rr Well-Known Member

Prayers Sent

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Thoughts for Al - get better, sir. Need to see you at Summit again come April :up:

10. chocadile

chocadile Well-Known Member

Prayers sent AL. Get well soon.

11. Kuala76

Kuala76 MARRC President 2013

Thoughts are with AL, he is a legend for sure! Get well soon!

12. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

Prayers sent

13. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Best wishes and a hearty get well soon!! That's no con job either.

14. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Prayers sent to fellow racer. Get well soon.

15. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Al, quite taking a rest and get ready for the 2011 season.:up:

Always enjoy talking to you!

Wish you well!

16. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

God Bless!!

17. farva03r

farva03r Well-Known Member

some positive MOJO from maryland to NJ. get well soon sir.

18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Prayer sent.

19. Gonzo

Gonzo Maybe you should drive...

Absolutely! Get well soon Al.... we love ya!

20. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Damn, Al is awesome... Like the most bad ass Grandpa anyone could wish for. Great guy with a ton to tell.

Get well soon Al, I need some jokes at Summit Point this year.