1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PRAYER REQUEST (CANCER REALLY SUCKS)

Discussion in 'General' started by StanTheMan, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Strength, courage and grace for her as she fights!

Brad likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Very sorry for your loss, Stan. Condolences to you and your mom.

Brad and mom, hang in there. Best of luck fighting this shit.

Brad likes this.
  3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Best wishes, Stan. Sometimes, the best thing to do is pretty simple.

4. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

Lost my Aunt, Grandmother and Father all to cancer.
    It fucking sucks man, wish her all the best.

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Thinking of Both you guys and your Moms.

F' Cancer

Brad likes this.
  6. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Sorry to bump an old thread, beebers..

@StanTheMan I hope your mom has found strength and comfort in these months passed.

At the start of this thread, my mom was in early chemo treatment for stage 4 gastric cancer, softball sized mass in her stomach. She could barely eat and hardly drink anything for 2 months before getting a j tube for nutrition. Basically starving to death through that period. Shitty Doctor and insurance bs. We nearly lost her twice. Shitty Doctor fired and fill in in place not much better. She recently told me he came in her room one morning with a smile on his face and told her "chemo is just buying you time, there is no cure. Call your son to take you home and prepare to die."...... That was 7 months ago.

Her oncologist and his entire team were remarkable to her! She has been having some great days between treatments.

Fast forward to 9 days ago when we walk in the office for results from her last scheduled ct scan. Doctor had just put her on a break because she had felt bad a couple weeks and the oral contrast made her really sick for a few days. A few small spots on other organs where they had been. Liver was a concern but an interventional radiologist on staff thought he could deliver treatment directly to the source. All those months she was getting the most aggressive chemo he could give her and she powered through. One more ir procedure should be a breeze...... Oh yeah, that softball was GONE!!...... Over the moon to say the least.

Two night later she became extremely weak and slid from her bed. My 81 yo dad couldn't pick her up and she was too weak to help. I hauled ass down, picked her up and back in bed. We took care of what she needed and she insisted I go home since her medicine was good and she's sleep until 8. 8:15 another frantic call from Dad that she had done the same but they got her in bed. Back to the hospital.

ER doc says there is nothing "wrong" as it's just the progression of her disease and the liver enzymes are very high and making her ill.....WTF? The softball was gone? Admitted, awaiting consult with her oncologist was the only way to go. The rest don't know the story.

Sunday I got hit with the news and looked at the ct with her doctors partner. The liver had gone apeshit since the February scan. Monday morning talk with her doc says there is nothing more...

She was going home where she wanted to be if the end was to come. We went home Wednesday, late afternoon.

After a quiet night with medicine to relieve the severe pain, she left us a bit after 8am. 6-6-19, 75th anniversary of D day. She had just turned 76 in May.....8 days after we heard the best news we could imagine.

Now we need some vibes and prayers for my old man. His partner, through good and bad, for the last 50 years is gone. He's beside himself.

Not looking for pity, as we're a bunch of hardasses right? Just keep making sure all y'all peckerheads in here keep pushing out the goods when it's needed....And to reiterate..Stan's point CANCER REALLY SUCKS!

Or in beeb fashion, FUCK CANCER 50XITB WITH A RED HOT STEEL BLADE!

Love and miss you mom!(sorry about that last part, but I'm pretty sure you'll agree)

Thanks y'all.(beeb speak translation - the end....and shit);)

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Ah man..sorry.

Brad likes this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this Brad. Lost my 89 year old Dad to Alzheimer’s a few months ago. Just remember the good times.

Brad likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Condolences to you and your dad, Brad. Very sorry for your loss.

Brad likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.

Brad likes this.
  11. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Sorry for your loss.

Brad likes this.
  12. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

My condolences to you and your family. I quoted this because my dad's shitty doctor did the same shitty thing to him.

My dad was so positive, upbeat and expecting to beat his lung cancer from the start. When the first treatment plan failed, his doctor told him the same exact thing your mom's shit doctor said and it crippled my dad.

He withdrew himself from everyone and became so depressed that he stopped eating making his second treatment plan useless. He ended up passing away 3 months after his doctor told him to get ready to die even though the our family and the oncologist was very supportive. Those 3 months watching my dad wither and fade away were brutal. :(

Brad likes this.
  13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Condolences to you and your father, Brad. :(

Brad likes this.
  14. Evill Ed

Evill Ed Member

Sorry for your loss. Prayer for your family and dad.

Brad likes this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.

Brad likes this.
  16. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

Cancer sucks. While we just celebrated 2.5 years of remission for my gf stage 3 breast cancer. We are still dealing with all that it does. Even surviving cancer takes a huge toll.

Brad likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Man I'm sorry. Best wishes to you and the family.

Brad likes this.
  18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn Brad...so sorry for your family's loss.
    May your Mom rest in peace and your Dad get through this.

Brad likes this.
  19. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.
    And fuck cancer.

Brad likes this.
  20. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Sorry for your loss, Brad. Cancer indeed sucks.

Brad likes this.