1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Practice

Discussion in 'General' started by gpracer15, May 29, 2002.

?

Which is more benificial to a racer?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2002.
  1. One long session of practice

12 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Two shorter sessions of practice

67 vote(s)
    84.8%
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Re: example of progress

Actually when WERA runs a practice day we have post entry at the track all day long. When we don't run the practice day we don't have any officials there until Saturday (most of them like you have to work their real job Friday).

2. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Hey, Sean, whadda you doin' up this hour? Only me, Pam, and Stickboy hanf out fer these hours. ;)

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

have another drink bruth!!!b

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm hanging out at a 24 hour dirt bike race.

Only 7:30 to go!

5. Mary#17

Mary#17 What member?

Can we start rotating practice groups like we do races? It really sucks that 0-500 cc are always the first practice session. I'd love to go last on occassion.

Or, if this is not possible, can the lightweights at least get priority tech inspection so we can make it to the first session?

Mary

6. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Mongo normally does rotate the practice groups along with the race schedule. But it doesn't hurt to remind him ahead of time. ;)

As for tech, if you're first group up just ask the people in front of you if you can go ahead. I've seen a lot of people do that and it's normally not a problem if they're not first up. And your other option is to be first in line for tech and then you won't have a problem being ready for practice. ;)

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Sorry, we've already had a thread about the 600cc people complaining that they are always the first to practice. You can't all have it your way. :D

But seriously, I think it was determined that if you are in line at tech behind people that don't go out first then they will move you to the front if you ask. I can assure you that I(fat guy on black RC-51) would certainly let you move in front of me. :cool: Of the four weekends I've raced(or tried to race) the practice session have always been in a different order if my memory serves me.

BTW, you will likely get flamed with the old, "you should get there earlier and be ready" lines. ;)

8. Mary#17

Mary#17 What member?

I've done 3 races so far this year and 0-500s have been first for practice. I didn't race that much last year, but I know that in 2000, the lightweights were usually the first practice session. And, when Ed raced the FZR400, he was almost always in the first practice. I remember when he switched to the 600, we were excited about having some more time to get ready.

As far as getting there earlier, been there done that, but if it's a really packed weekend it doesn't matter how early you get there because there are just a lot of people. I have gone ahead of others and they have been fine about it but I've always felt bad.

Obviously, somebody has to go first and someone has to go last. The rotation seems to work well for the races, I just thought it would be nice for the practices too. :)

Mary

P.S. I prefer 2 practice sessions whenever possible:D

9. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I agree with Mary, Ive done 4 Nationals and always the 0-500 group is first.... I wish there was the ole 125 only practice again but I understand why its not there. I would like to see a rotation though.

C

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The nationals schedule doesn't change sorry. I'll consider doing so though.

11. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: example of progress

uhhhhhhhh...tardholio might could be there