1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Is aluminum, correct?

Would think a new bike similarly equipped would be just north of a grand.

Seven years old is $500 in my opinion. As someone else pointed out, it's an unpopular size and thus the market for it is small.

TurboBlew likes this.
  2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Probably everything is 105 except the crank which is clearly not 105 just from the pics in the ad.

3. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

hmm. Should I rethink then?

4. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Depends - if you like that bike, then I'd buy it, but only in the $500 range.

If you are happy to spend $750-$900 I'd think you can get more for your money.

Finally if you are new to this - I'd budget at least $200 for apparel, shoes, pump, saddle bag, etc.

Happy to help you get into the sport - ask any questions you may have!

TurboBlew and cha0s#242 like this.
  5. wiggeywackyo

That's exactly the input I was looking for. I already MTB but thought it would be nice to have a road ride as well. I'll lowball him on it when I see it tonight and walk away if he won't budge. Any suggestions for the $750 range?

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

$500 tops.
    At the <$1,000 price point there are some new Giants available. For about $1,600 you can get a new Defy Advanced 2 with discs and carbon frame.

7. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I have a Cervelo R5 with SRAM Red in size 52 that i will probably sell for $1,500 (less than 500 miles)

8. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

I'll have to think on that one model wise, but you'd be very close to carbon with 105 or Ultegra at that price. $1000 would get you that for sure. Online Swap Meet FB group or Slowtwitch classifies is a good place to search. Are you for sure a 50?

9. wiggeywackyo

Interesting.

I'm saying 50 because that's what the online calculator told me.

5'4" with a 29.5" inseam, if that helps.

This was a very spur of the moment thing for me and I've really not done my homework in this case. I saw something shiny and wanted to buy it. Thanks for talking me back from the ledge.

10. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

I'm far from an expert on fit, but you could easily be a 52. I'm 5'8 w/ a 29 inseam and a 54. My wife is 5'4, no idea what her inseam is but is a 52.

If you have a relationship with the shop you bought your MTB from, I'm sure they'll let you sit on a bike or two and figure out what size you need.

I spent all of ten minutes looking, but saw that there are a lot more 52s than 50s out there which isn't too surprising as 50 is an uncommon size. Good and bad if that is what you need - supply will be crappy, but so will demand and thus price can be driven lower

https://www.ebay.com/itm/52cm-2012-...496885?hash=item1a53961eb5:g:T3UAAOSwQQBbCxn7

https://mybikeshop.com/products/2018-blue-andaz.html

11. wiggeywackyo

12. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

13. wiggeywackyo

:crackup:

I only got $25 out of it but I think it was a decent deal. The bike has some nice SRAM components on it and fits well. Just another hobby to add to my list.

14. TurboBlew

15. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Picked this up last week. Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 Disc. I've been a mountain biker for many years now; this is my first foray as a roadie. I've done just over 70 miles in the last 3 days, and it's a lot of fun! I honestly think I am in pretty decent shape, but it's humbling when I look at the Strava segment results. It's crazy how many people take the sport so seriously; I wish we had the same commitment in the motorized version of roadracing!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Senna, GixxerBlade, DWhyte91 and 4 others like this.
  16. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

100%. I run ultra marathons and do a ton of endurance stuff,started riding bikes and boom suddenly get hit with a headwind and feel like I’m gonna explode. It definitely gets better but I hear ya that it’s humbling as shit.

Btw- if you’re mountain biking youll be fine. I suck at mountain biking.

17. socal

socal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Newest build.

2016 DeRosa Idol Santini Team Livery
    2018 Shimano Ultegra Di2 8050 Groupo incl pedals
    Enve Tubular 3.4 Wheels with Chris King Ceramic Hubs
    Kogel Ceramic Bottom Bracket
    FSA K-Wing Compact Carbon Bars and SeatPost
    Romin Evo Saddle

GixxerBlade, Thistle and wsmc42 like this.
  18. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Nice build. I'm digging that color combo. Out of curiosity, what size frame is that?

19. TurboBlew

theres a weekly ride around here where the only objective is to not get dropped! :D At first it was a road ride... now its progressed into a crossbike or "gravel" ride and there are some really neat "machines" built...lol Its a pretty good mix of dedicated MTB riders and roadies. People get hurt in the making of some of those segments! :D

20. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Thanks... Size 52 but fits like a 54...stack is 537mm/Reach 384mm