1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I’ve changed a few things since this picture. Goal is 16lbs with the garmin/cages/pedals and I’m pretty damn close! Frame is a L. I really enjoy riding this bike, it feels fast and surprisingly smooth. Built it up from a frame and bought everything used except the crank/derailleurs/cassette/chain/pedals/seat.

Dura ace 9100 crank
    Dura ace cassette
    Pyc hollow pin chain
    Dura ace 9070 levers
    Ultegra 8000 di2 derailleurs
    Carbon Works cages/garmin mount
    Carbon aero bar (forget the brand)
    Wheels and tires are obvious
    Carbon cheapo seat ($90, fits me well at 142mm, weighs 130g)
    Favero Assioma Uno pedals

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Wingnut likes this.
  2. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

you could go latex tubes and cut the steerer down a bit … few grams are a few grams ;-) … nice bike!

DWhyte91 likes this.
  3. DWhyte91

Already got the latex tubes and thanks!. I don’t really want to cut the steer tube incase I want to sell it in the future. Next step would be DA derailluers and I’ve found a shop that will make the seat clamp out of carbon but those two things are well over $1000. It would get me to sub 16lbs though....

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Thanks for the info. I know Race Pace very well. I picked up our last three mountain bikes from them and will likely get our SL 5's from Race Pace also. PM me your contact info and as soon as we pick up the road bikes, I'll take you up on the offer!

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I'm 220 pounds and have never lacked any braking even in extreme situations. Like I said, I can put the bike on its nose on demand.

6. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Very nice. Very Italian. The bike has bowed seatstays making it more comfortable like a Grand Fondo. The geometry, however, is still racey. The ride is similar to a Colnago. Wheelbase is a bit shorter so it turns faster. The Santini team colors are eye catching- more so in person. While building it we thought it might have up to 1/2 pound in paint!

DucatiBomber likes this.
  7. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Great build. Giant makes a fantastic bike.

DWhyte91 likes this.
  8. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

https://www.shop.view-speed.com/View-Speed-Series-4-Skewer-S4-6100987115900-S4.htm
    ur welcome , less weight and more aero :crackup:

Its tough to get the aero road bikes much lighter, I have a BMC TMR01 and its about the same. My Cervelo R3SL is about 13.5 … How do you like the pedals? These are the single side powermeter setup or both sides?

9. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Aero in Italian...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

I've been struggling with the brakes on the bike that I bought. I had to adjust the yoke height to get less leverage on them and had to adjust the straddle cable to compensate. The cable is now starting to fray and I can't seem to find a new one. They have an inline adjuster built into the straddle cable which makes it difficult to find.

11. DWhyte91

Already on KCNC KQR Ti skewers lol. Shallower wheels might help a bit but I’m happy with 16lbs. I could probably swap some bolts to Ti if I wanted to get crazy and I probably will in the future.

The pedals work flawlessly. It is the single side powermeter and the data is good and consistent. My only gripe is clipping out is tough even with them on the lowest clamp setting and new cleats. Also they spin a bit too easy so getting in can be a bit tricky. For the price they’re tough to beat.

12. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

Fixed it. I was being a wus.

13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I have ISO Speed on my Madone. Just upgraded the wheels and put on a power meter. Things are getting serious now. lol
    [​IMG]

awalk9905 and DWhyte91 like this.
  14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Bump!!!

15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Power meters are my next purchase. How do you like the Stages? Is the temperature compensation really useful/a must have? 4iiii is significantly less expensive but doesn’t have this feature.

16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

It makes a difference here in the south where we have wide temperature swings and so much humidity that it’s hard to breathe. FWIW I don’t have the Madone anymore. He got killed. I wish I could post the YouTube video but I think that’s prohibited.

17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I LOVE my stages one. I’ll update this in a few. I’m out driving right now.

I’ve tried three types

18. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Giant Defy, bought it for climbing in the mountains. Would have had to spend a bunch to upgrade my old Giant TCR 9 speed dura ace to upgrade the gearing for the mountains. At least that's the excuse I gave my wife for buying a new bike. :D . Pic is at Kinney Reservoir just below Ebbett's Pass on yesterdays Markleeville Death ride. Three passes, 85 miles, 10,000 feet of climbing, started riding regularly again in December.

Next purchase is Assioma duo pedals, seems like the best choice for a power meter.

Attached Files:

ducnut, TurboBlew and cajun636 like this.
  19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ok I’m not sure About the 4iii but the Stages on my Cervelo is accurate and the battery lasts for probably 30 hours of riding

I’ve always used the Quarz (sp) dual sided and the Garmin pedals. Not sure about that whole temp thing y’all taking about.

But the PM’s put everything in perspective and making training easier and for me far more structured. Not only that but you can stay in a zone, a high zone and not blow up

20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

A power meter definitely helps you gauge how much you can go and how much you have left. Say you're in a group ride and end up pulling. For one it'll help prevent you from surging and two it'll allow you to remain consistent. Something that cadence and speed doesn't show. If you go up a hill your speed will decrease but without a power meter, it's hard to judge your effort.