1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Picked this thing up this week. Going in Monday to my fitter to confirm the final build. Going to do an Etap build, not exactly sure the rest of the components...yet. Looking forward to racing it!

Attached Files:

2. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Bad Ass!!!
    Love that.

I broke my Pinarello ROKH frame last year.
    Considering a new frame but haven't decided yet.

Ride safe,
    AAron

4. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Thinking of rebuilding my old Miyata. Just trying to find good downtube shifters for modern components isnt easy either. I HATE the integrated shifter brake levers. Ive seen Dura-ace downtubes for 8 and 9 spd. Just looking for good low cost wheelsets with at least 32 spoke rear capable of running 700x25.

5. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

What size do you ride?

6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I believe the Pinarello is a 52.
    Out of town for the weekend can verify at home.

Ride safe,
    AAron

7. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I have a Cervelo R5 SRAM Red with less than 500 miles in size 52 for sale.

[​IMG]

8. MikeDeRoche

MikeDeRoche SailCaptain

Deroche12-1024x663.jpg
    One of my most prized possessions. Almost a year in the making from initial design consultation to delivery.
    Carl Strong frame of True Temper S3 double butted and shaped main triangle with stainless seat and chain stays
    Custom Kirk Frameworks dropouts
    SRAM Red running gear
    ENVE cockpit
    ENVE fork
    ENVE wheels with Chris King hubs
    Time Carbon pedals
    all ceramic bearings
    Steel framed bike that weighs less than 16 pounds

9. socal

socal Well-Known Member

F8 is the bomb! Congrats!!

DucatiBomber likes this.
  10. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

It's not the big boy F8 but I'm glad to have her back.
    Instead of having Calfee fix the frame I broke last year I ended up buying a 2016 Pin ROKH frame.
    My dealership got the frame from Pinarello that had been purchased for just the fork. So brand new in the box frame in my size for a smoking price and new 3,year warranty.
    Got new cables (they are Shimano polymer). Really noticed a difference.
    New ultrgra stuff, chain etc so pretty much a new bike.
    Real Pedals are at home. Lol
    IMG_0362.JPG
    Ride safe,
    AAron

flyboy and cha0s#242 like this.
  11. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

It's done!! Raced it 2 weekends now....such an improvement.. Dogma F8, SRAM Etap, Zipp bars. Ceramic Speed pulley and BB, HED Stinger 6 tubulars and a set of Zipp 303 clinchers to train on.

Attached Files:

12. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

would you pay Cdn$3000 for a 2013 Cervelo R5 with DA Di2 and DA C35 or get a New Bianchi Intenso 105. I can get the Bianchi at dealer cost through a hookup. I'm just trying to decide if I should get the Bianchi frame and then add the Ultegra stuff. Thoughts?

I'm brand new to cycling, but love endurance sports and my goal is to get into triathlons. I realize a Tri bike will be next but my uncle and buddies ride all the time so I would like to get a nice road bike to ride as well.

thx.
    Jason

13. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Put a deposit down Friday for my first road bike. Giant defy advanced 2. I've wanted a bike for a couple years now and tried looking at used but after doing some shopping and coming across this it had my name written all over it. They cancelled the races this weekend due to weather so instead of tires and taking a day off work I relocated the funds lol.

[​IMG]

14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Time for a new bike. I currently have a Fuji Team Pro with Ultegra groupo. I ride about 100 miles a week. I was thinking of a new Trek Madone 9.0 or something similar. Anyone have any deals?

15. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

IMG_4965.JPG About to pick this up later today. I'm not about to ride my E-Tap Tarmac around in the cold wet nasty that's coming soon here in PA.

Edit: picture kinda sucks. It's a 2016 trek crockett disc frame. 7800 Dura ace build with stans grail x wheels and ultegra chain set.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    GixxerBlade and DucatiBomber like this.
  16. socal

socal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Newly restored 1999 Trek 5500

cha0s#242, cajun636 and DucatiBomber like this.
  17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

My son and I finished restoring this beauty over the weekend.

Attached Files:

socal, cha0s#242 and cajun636 like this.
  18. socal

socal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

New Zipp 303 Firecrest wheels delivered to the office today!

19. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

upload_2017-9-16_14-13-3.png
    upload_2017-9-16_14-13-21.png

We just started selling these at work, having a hard time deciding which one I want to take home.

20. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Did my 4th ride on this today. My uncle was going to get me a f8 frame and build one but he was able to get this k8-s for a steal so I told him to do so. It's basically the f8 but with a little shock absorber. It was specifically designed for the Paris-Roubaix so they added the shock.

Overall loving it.

Attached Files:

cha0s#242 and GixxerBlade like this.