1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polaris ACE 570 or other SxS owners

Discussion in 'General' started by Cam Morehead, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

25k......

2. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Ranger 900 xp, basic use haul wood, little off road. The performance is great but the build quality is just junk,

The plastics are really fragile.
    The suspension bushing are junk.
    The use of what I call dry wall screws to hold parts together is a bad idea.
    Almost none of the nuts are welded so unlike most bikes it takes 2 tools to remove a bolt.

Don't believe me just look at the broken units in the repair shop. Mine quit breaking after I quit using it.

Wish I would have got a Honda..

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Polaris' are good for shop business. :D

4. Trying to get my hands on an Artic Cat demo/ pre-production unit for a couple weeks in august. At least that way I'll see if I actually like a side by side or just spend a bit more on a dedicated off road Jeep. I know they are different worlds but torn a bit between the two.

5. Cam Morehead

Fair enough.

The plastics are really fragile. Do you store it inside?
    The suspension bushing are junk. I will look and see on hers.
    The use of what I call dry wall screws to hold parts together is a bad idea. I have added a brush guard which required taking some stuff off. I didn't notice any fasteners like that.
    Almost none of the nuts are welded so unlike most bikes it takes 2 tools to remove a bolt. The ACE has a mix of both situations. Meh, not a deal breaker for me.

Don't believe me just look at the broken units in the repair shop. Mine quit breaking after I quit using it. I would never have bought a Polaris 5 years ago. They are better now.

Wish I would have got a Honda. No argument that Honda is a good product. I will say I wrench on lots of stuff. The overall quality of ALL the major brands has gone down in my opinion. The Polaris has come up....

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

When you're at the bottom, there's only one direction you can go......:)

7. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Have owned a '14 800-S for little over 3 yrs now. No significant problems, but I do stay on top of maintenance with it. Not loaded it up with mods either, just half-windshield, roof, winch, 2" lift kit, and spring kit. Wife and kid/family friend usually drive it while I zip around on KDX. We don't beat on it, bury it in mud, or try to make a boat out of it, but it's not a garage queen either. Flipped it over on it's side once. Popped out a couple of those "drywall" screws from fender flare. Easy enough to just zip tie it an be done. Works fine and easy to replace if we bounce off a rock or tree. Some days, I consider getting the bigger XP1K or something similar, but once I think about that $20+K, give or take, a used Jeep or Land Cruiser starts looking like a better option.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  8. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Mine is a 2013, stored inside, the heat shield on exhaust has to come off to change oil filter and the screws that hold it on are just screws that get looser every time I change the oil.

9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

When I was shopping everybody said stay away from Polaris and Arctic cat which left Can-am and Yamaha to choose from. Yamaha was cheaper but has 3rd pedal and clutch and I did not want that. So Can-am it was, so far zero issues and been beating on it pretty good. I did hole couple tires hitting big rocks :)

10. Cam Morehead

The Yamaha now has the option to have automatic transmission, no third pedal.

11. TWF2

Still has clutch, right?

12. Cam Morehead

13. TWF2

Clutch as in engine, not pedal.
    All others are belt drive.

14. Cam Morehead

Oh, yes, the engine has a clutch. I assumed you were still talking about the 3rd pedal.

15. TWF2

Single trails and steep hills I go through would be hard on clutch I believe. And I did not want paddles either. Just need throttle and brake :)

16. Cam Morehead

Hmm, interesting. I have had a Big Red 250 3-wheeler, 300 Fourtrax, Yamaha 300 Grizzly, and other ATVs that I used to pull lots of weight out of the woods and such. Never had any issues.

17. TWF2

May be difference in power. SxS don't like to barely move, they are happy at speed :)

18. keevo54

keevo54 Well-Known Member

If anyone is looking for one. Abernathys has them for a great deal. Just in the middle of no where Tennessee lol

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

is the belt like on a scooter? Connected to a clutch/variator?

20. Cam Morehead

Variator.

TurboBlew likes this.