1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polaris ACE 570 or other SxS owners

Discussion in 'General' started by Cam Morehead, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I bought a 570 ACE for my wife. This thing rips. I have only ridden it twice. I almost flipped it both times. Who else here has either a Sport/Race SxS or a single seat UTV? This thing will do 65 MPH and in a very short distance. I keep driving it like rental go carts then as I almost wreck it realize "Holy crap, my wife will kill me if I barrel roll this thing!". I have 2 tracks for it and building a 3rd now. I will probably stick to my motorcycles... to stay happily married... LMAO

Stumpy and Phl218 like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I want the Honda 4 seater that converts to 2. Not the fastest but it's the perfect combo of what I love about the Mules and my ATV.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  3. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

We have the 6 seater mule on the farm.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like our QUV, it's just slow. I need it to be faster for real use at the track.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I have X3, it is faster than it should be. I usually cruise around at 70-80mph :)
    It is like riding liter bike in dirt, enough power to scare you.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  6. TWF2

This is my race track, out of the garage in to desert :)
    Green is fast stuff and red is tight trails, hills and hard stuff.

[​IMG]

Cam Morehead and Stumpy like this.
  7. Those things look fun, in a sh$t your pants sort of way.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  8. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

If the Ace 570 is that fast, the 900 must be completely bonkers! I think I want one.

9. TWF2

Ace is 45hp, x3 which is 900 turbo is 154hp.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I've got a viking. Bought it for the utility. I wouldn't consider it fast, but it's fast enough for me to have fun with. And also haul all my shit around.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  11. keevo54

keevo54 Well-Known Member

Rzr 1000 here. Love it. Broke a few axles from being heavy footed but they are a ton of fun

Cam Morehead likes this.
  12. I really want one of those. I was looking at them but would have needed two for the family. Was cheaper to buy a brand new Jeep and dump 12k into it than 2 of those. I know feel I have a void and need a fast SBS in my life.

13. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Stay away from any of the Polaris units. the fall apart like stale cake, Mine needed 4 wheel bearings in less than 1000 miles,

14. Cam Morehead

I have been a customer and/or sponsored rider for this dealership for most of my life. The GM, a good friend of mine, told me he would not sell me a 900 for my wife. He knows her and considers her a friend. He told me that when the dealer reps test drove them, 75% of them wrecked in the first turn.....

15. Cam Morehead

What was your application, use, and maintenance on your unit? Which model?

16. mcarter

mcarter Well-Known Member

We have a 15 900s and a 14 800s. We ride the kids around the yard and the cotton field across the street. We take them to Oklahoma to ride the sand dunes once a year. We love them!

Canadian Bacon and Cam Morehead like this.
  17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

That's what I had for about a year, a Honda Pioneer 700-4. Really awesome rig that I would have loved to have kept but our town cracked down on ATV/SxS when folks started trailering them in on weekends. Small groups of folks got really stupid and ruined it for the rest of us.

By far the best build quality of the rigs I sampled and was a huge fan of the traditional transmission they use. However, it was hard to use around the property as the rear tires would tear up the grass real good when turning. I believe the newer models have a "turf-mode" where you can unlock the rear diff to eliminate that.

I knew of quite a few folks who upgraded the suspension and turned them into rather capable off-roaders versus utility, but still nowhere near the dedicated sport-oriented models.

18. Cam Morehead

Yeah, the ACE 570 is not good on the yard... ha ha. She grows it and cuts it.... I don't care how the yard looks. The Mule 600 does not tear up the yard.... but is pretty boring... LMAO

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

That's the one thing I really hate about the viking. The rear is locked ALL the time. Can't decide if I'm going to keep it long term or not, mainly because of that.

Was looking at the pioneer before I bought the viking, and was getting ready to pull the trigger on a new one, when this viking came up used, for a great price, and local. I have zero gripes about it, aside from the lack of turf mode. Not sure which fucktard decided that building a "utility" SXS without it was a great idea.

20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Anyone try the yxz1k with Fox shocks?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk