1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull Trailer Restraint

Discussion in 'General' started by Cuddles de Sade, Sep 15, 2007.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

These stands are bad ass to be sure...super slick design.

I would challenge anyone who's prepared to spend $800 to carry 3 bikes in a trailer to match that amount in donations to either the RRW Action Fund or the Red Flag Fund. If you can afford one, you can afford the other.

:up:

2. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Okay, so how do I get a hold of the folks at Pit Bull to ask a question? I went to their website but don't see any contact link or info.

Will someone who has their trailer restraint pls answer this or pass along the question to PB for an answer. What is the diameter of the rod that goes through the axle?

My F2 has a hollow rear axle, but the diameter of the hole is really small. Just over 9mm (approx. 1/3 of an inch). I'm guessing the rod is made for the much bigger axles of the modern bikes. But then again, maybe they'll develop an 2nd rod that may be used with the standard restraint system. That'd be brilliant:up:

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Might try http://www.pit-bull.com/contact.html , it was hidden on the first page under contact us.

David

4. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Terrance had this at Summit to show peeps and fo shizz it's the bomb.

wonder if I can get a volume discount...:D

5. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Thanks. YOu must have the super secret access code for when I go HERE, I just don't see the info.

But like I said, :up:

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

You dont need a stand, you need glasses:D

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Address

Pit Bull Products, Inc.
    614 Pearl Avenue
    Huntsville, AL 35801

Email

[email protected]

Toll-Free Number

877.533.1977 (U.S. only)

Telephone

Fax

8. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

:crackup: :crackup: Hey, you must know me.

What a "D'uh" moment. I failed to scroll over to the left on my screen:eek: I kept ccrolling up & down and didn't notice the scroll bar at the bottom.

I dashed off my mssg to 'em.

9. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

Someone had asked about using a stand with the trailer restraint installed. Here's an image. You can both attach and remove the trailer restraint from the bike while the bike is on the stand. Hope that helps...:)

Attached Files:

10. Kevo

Kevo Well-Known Member

We made our own stands and will be switching to these for next year.

It's a far superior product and simpler.....the great thing is the Pit Bull stand is truly a one person operation.

Also, by strapping the front end down with tie downs you can actually pull it out of whack where it doesn't Computrack perfectly and blow fork seals.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sweet, Keith can load bikes solo now. :D

12. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

so if you are transporting a bike in a pick up often what is the best way to do that without putting excess wear on the suspension????

would it even be possible to rig up one of these to work on a pick up or would you need use somethin on the front wheel like one of those wheel chocks that the bike rolls into?

13. Brian811

Brian811 ....

OK, here is my question... Can the base be completely and easily removed from the floor? I gotta sleep somewhere.

14. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

no you are left with a long plater and 2 huge ass locking arms.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Throw a rug over them before the air mattress and you should be fine. Or step up the air mattress on a frame :D

16. KrashBandit

You can actually remove the 2 floor mounted receptacles. They are held into place by a quick release method and both could be removed in less than 5 seconds. The only thing left in the floor of the trailer is the plate and two bolt heads sticking up on each side of the plate. It shouldn't affect your sleep in the back of the trailer:up:

17. thepro8

thepro8 Well-Known Member

any update on when the 05 600rr restraint will be ready?

18. KrashBandit

I asked Charlie...he said we'll definitely have it finished and ready to ship by next week. Thanks for your patience.

19. KrashBandit

Made a video today showing the use of the Pit Bull Trailer Restraint...granted I forgot to show the installation of the pins of the trailer restraint into the axle but other than that you can see the bike get loaded onto the trailer and secured for transport, then unloaded again and put on the stand in about a minute and 20 seconds. Here's a link for anyone who's interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyMfv7YRME

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Cool video. Check your PM's. :up: