1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull Trailer Restraint

Discussion in 'General' started by Cuddles de Sade, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Alick

Alick New Member

Very interested in this myself. Don't own a van or trailer, so I would most likely be renting a cargo van. Was wondering if I could just screw the plate to some 3/4" plywood and toss that in the van. Hmm. Anyone tried something like that? Would need to find a way to prevent it from sliding, but you would have the weight of the bike. You could put some rings on the board and strap it in place?

Maybe Baxley and straps is easier for me?

I will probably be doing the loading solo, so ease is important.

I have never hauled a bike in a van before, so it's all new to me.

Thanks. Love this board.

2. lightningforce9

lightningforce9 RIP GaWarrior

I wouldn't recommend using the pit bull restraint in a van unless you drilled and bolted the mounting plate thru the floor of the van. Baxley and straps is the best idea for the van, but overall buy a trailer and one of these restraints, PIMP is what they are:beer:

3. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Just a heads up/reminder. For all you SV, F2 & F3 riders with F3 rear wheels, Pit Bull is working on a restraint pin for us. :up:

4. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Definately worth the money. Pit-Bull makes incredible quality products and has astounding customer service. Money well spent. :up:

5. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

I made one last year for my SV, it was pretty damn easy

6. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

We stopped to see Charlie and George on our way to Barber (no notice of course, total suprise) and after we got back from dinner we picked up a pair of trailer restraints for our STG trailer.

Nick and I installed them Saturday before we left Barber (ok Nick installed them while I was riding). I will never haul another bike without one of these Pit Bull Trailer REestraints again. This make life so easy, no stress on the suspension by strapping and there is no way in hell the bike could fall.

Charlie you are the man!

Brian

7. jetspeedz

jetspeedz Well-Known Member

This is by far the best restraint on the the market hands down.

8. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

9. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

As explained in the 2008 Roadracing World Trackday Directory, you can throw a Baxley Sport Chock in a van and carry a bike without bolting anything to the floor, and just throw on some tie-downs for extra security. We've used this method to haul two bikes in a stock Sprinter van, one facing forward and one backwards, many times and over many miles. It's really easy and good if it's not your van or you use it for other stuff most of the time.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  10. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Always gotta get a plug for your mag in :D :p :Poke:

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I thought you covered that in SadoMasochistic World and Restraint Technology...

12. John29

Hey, there're an awful lot of questions asked on this BBS that people would already know the answers to, with proper reading material...and the publication in question has photos of the Sport CHock, too, making it easier to understand.

13. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I say its advertising in general

ban him

:D

14. John29

I say your post is politically motivated.

BAN HIM!

:D

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I had my bike fall over once using an unbolted Baxley, and I was using 4 straps with it. I realize I will most likely be shouted down (again) for bringing it up, but those chocks aren't foolproof. They kickass, and I REALLY like mine, but it gets bolted down now.

16. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

which one?

:p

17. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

This is why I love the BBS, where else could someone badger back and forth with someone like JU.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And your just thee fool to prove it, eh?

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Indubitably.

20. John29

Stop imitating Qatar Rider and you might be OK. :D

BTW, one time Stevie Patterson's mom over-corrected a trailer-van tank-slapper on the Interstate headed to Road Atlanta and flipped it on its side. The bike restraint system they were using didn't work as designed in that situation either. Like I said when I testified during a CPSC hearing on ATV safety back in the day, there isn't a vehicle made that I can't find some way to crash (some of commissioners were horrified to hear this).

(Back to the point: The things have worked good for us. Your results may vary.)