1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pissed off with car dealership! - Surpise, I know.

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You VW haters can eat a steaming hot bowl of dirty ass! VW group rules!!! :D

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

I guess I dont understand how or why peeps get upset at salesmen or car dealerships when it comes to purchasing a vehicle. If you can’t make a deal, you can’t make a deal. The how comes and why nots really don’t matter. Why would you want to to business with them at this point anyway. It is what it is.

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I am not a lawyer and am not giving legal advise. However, I did learn that our state does not seem to have a direct law against "false advertising". The only option is fraud. The problem with fraud is there has to be intent. Intent is difficult to prove.

I tried REALLY hard about a year ago to buy one of the new VW Alltrack's. I finally gave up. I couldn't even get someone to call me back from numerous dealerships. I bought a Volvo instead and have been very content.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Consumer Affairs depart in NYC looks at that stuff fairly seriously, at least they used to.

Where are you located? I have a VW dealership that is awesome if you are around these northern parts.

5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Forget the Atlas, get a 2015/2017 Navigator for $32/$42,000.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Whoa! That sucks.....at least I dont want the Sunroof. Honestly, the price point and the leg room are what attracts me. I drive nearly 1500 miles per week.....I cant spend 60 or 70 grand on a Q7 that will have 125K miles on it in two years thats worth 25 because of the miles and I still owe 60 on.

I want to be able to stretch my legs out straight while driving.....not many cars I can do that in and still tow a trailer.

7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Because it blatantly false advertising. I said sell me the car at that price listed on your website and they said No, they couldn't.

Steeltoe and Gorilla George like this.
  8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Well, I'm about to find out if a typo is on a dealers site myself. Kind of tired of driving an old E30; local used car place has an 08 Infiniti M35 with 14,000 miles for $8 grand. No F'ing way this can be correct without some kind of loophole. But, you never know.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  9. I agree, that is bullshit.

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  10. 418

418 Expert #59

People get upset because their time is being wasted. If they priced the vehicle and I come in and it's a different price, that's a bait and switch.

Have you ever bought a bike for more than it was advertised for? You were ok with that?

BigBird and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  11. Offtopic, but some dealers are just assholes, some aren’t. We all know they have to make their money, but sometimes they make you feel like a criminal for even trying to negotiate.

I’ve been pleased with the Jaguar dealership in Asheville NC so far. They even gave me a rebate I wasn’t technically entitled to.

I got an promotional email from Jaguar about getting $1000 off a new E-Pace or F-Pace before Nov 1st. I sent that email to the dealer and asked him if I could get it.

I said I know that you are supposed to take delivery before Nov 1st, and I obviously won’t. But technically I did purchase the vehicle before Nov 1st, I can’t help that it won’t be delivered by then.

He discussed it with the manager and said they would honor it and give me the $1k off.

Technically, you are supposed to take delivery from dealer stock, but they didn’t worry about that either.

12. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I had a dealership offer me 12K for trade in on my A4 after I told them I wanted 16K.
    They don't give a fuck.

Anyone want an A4 S-line with a manual transmission and the MMI system?
    I can't get rid of the damn thing.

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

It could be legit, these things depreciate a lot and it's a 10 year old car. So it's possible. But that's a pretty sweet car for that price for sure.

14. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Maybe they're not so dumb? :D

BigBird likes this.
  15. rd400racer

I hate to break this to you; my daughter works at a dealership which also sells Audi's...she asked the Audi mechanics which one of their cars was a good used buy and they replied, "none of them".

Phl218 and Sweatypants like this.
  16. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

They just don't know what to do with it. It is a really rare set up and they know they can't turn it unless someone is specifically looking for it.
    Darren sweet talked me into a demon vehicle.

Oh, I know.
    I could deal without the monthly payment on that animal though.

17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Then take the ad to a different dealer, ask them if they'll match it or come close, and then give them your business. If it's worth your time and effort to TRY and fight it, by all means then do so. If you lose, you'll be responsible for the legal fees. If you win, you might get the difference between what you actually paid and what you should have paid. My time is worth more than that just to prove a point.

18. rd400racer

I'm going by the old saying, "if it's too good to be true, blah, blah". But I also have a check in my back pocket:D

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

No, but then again I don’t whore myself out to several different dealers. A pricing discrepancy is just that. Sometimes pricing does change or doesn’t get entered correctly. I wouldn’t call the OPs experience a classic case of bait and switch. In these cases, this is where having a relationship with the dealers pays dividends. A simple phone call to confirm is a pretty simple task to perform prior to physically going to the dealership.

I just find it a little ironic that peeps don’t show any loyalty to a dealership then are surprised by the experience they have as a random potential purchaser with an in high demand vehicle.

The salesman and dealer don’t owe you anything. It’s just funny to me how peeps get so upset because they can’t make a deal but then still want to do business with them. Simply Walk away.

Kris87 likes this.
  20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

In my experience, only the US-made VW Group autos have been the suck. Slovenian and Mexican models? No problems. Well, both the diesels printed out some cash last year, but I wouldn’t classify that in trouble category.

Phl218 and JJJerry like this.