1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PFC brake pads, Performance Friction Corp., Do you use them?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cam Morehead, Feb 22, 2015.

1. That is exactly what the PF pads give you. If you pull 20%, that's what you get. But if you want 100%, you can get that too. I floated the rear wheel coming into the Farmhouse corner over and over. But then could trail off and the braking force decreased in a % equal to the decreased lever pressure.

They are very manageable and predictable. I like that.

And BTW, I'm not sponsored by them. This isn't a plug. I'm just giving feedback based upon my experience with them.

2. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Sounds good. I will try them too. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Ha ha ha.... I am sponsored by my job and my wife.... and will only be thanking the wife... Ha ha ha. She had put her mechanics gloves up.... Time to dust those things off and get back to wrenchin.... :D

3. :D

I just figured I would throw that out there because people are bad about claiming something is the best, simply because they get support from them. And there is nothing wrong with that; it is to be expected. But that isn't the case here, I honestly love the pads and the way they feel.

4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Who has good deals on these?

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

here is my take on direct comparison of the Performance friction sintered and carbon pads... and the EBC epfa pads.. And by "progressive", we are meaning more lever pull=more stopping. As in, it stopping power progresses as you pull the lever (not gets progressively/exponentially harder as you pull).

The FAST light wt bike we run in endurance (that Sam is aware of :) ) had PF sintered on it because the bike owner had support from them. Fine. He's payin the bill, he can use what he want's. BUT , i hated the hard initial bite. And, after nearly lowsiding several times in practice with overly aggressive pads, i insisted he get a pad from them with less initial bite. He got the PF carbon pads. Softer material, less initial bite. Cool ! felt great !

Then i finish an endurance event at CMP, and on the podium area waiting for results (they f-ed up scoring ) the front wheel was LOCKED UP. I had worn the material away in ONE endurance event and the backing material was welded to the rotor. We had to hammer on them to break them loose, and yes, the rotors were toast.

Chalk it up to "maybe that was a fluke".. Fast forward to Summit point, and another set of PF carbon pads. We had done 1 shorter endurance event earlier, and on my 2nd practice session i stop to confer with Tom on pit wall. Go to head out... negatory. Wheel is locked AGAIN. Welded the backing plate to the rotors for a SECOND TIME.

that was it.. having had my life flash before me TWICE, as i reflected on the near fate i skirted, not becoming a human catapult, i sent cashed in some of my EBC certificates for the EPFA SINTERED pads ( semi-metalic formula, so it lasts a LONG time, that has the softer initial bite) .. and we never looked back. We are still on the same set of front pads after many, many sessions on track (1 race at VIR, Daytona, and some sprints at Homestead.. pads are still looking great).

Yea, i get a little support from them (contingency and a few sets additional a year) .. but they f-in WORK :) And it is kind of funny that EBC markets this epfa pad as the "street/trackday" pad, and the GPFAX as the "race" pad. Some really like the hard initial bite. But i have spoken with a few racers that went back to the more progressive feel-less initial bite,of the EPFA pad, for racing.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  6. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

i always get them from kurveygirl.com she nearly always has them in stock and gets them out to you quick

7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Been searching for a linear feeling pad. Thanks for the heads up. I'll give them a shot after RRR.

8. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

I just bought a set from Kurvygirl, they have them in stock and great service.

I have 2 backup sets of Vesrah's in case I don't dig them.

9. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

A place called Rotors and Pads has really good pricing (about $80.00 a set)... Tried to get STG to stock these years ago, but they still have not added them to their lineup...