1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perfection?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jul 15, 2023.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Me neither. My grandmother from dad’s side was married 8 times and had 4 kids. She married the one she had her last kid with 2 times. Ever since I met her in 73, she was single.

She moved from Lemon Valley, NV to live with us when I was in high school. She loaned me $4000 to buy my 79 VW diesel rabbit in 84, after college, when I moved to Texas.

I went to a Junior College, and lived at home, so I usually would eat lunch with her. I got along with her pretty well, but she wasn’t nice, and I could see why she was divorced so many times.

TurboBlew likes this.
  2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I grew up in Palos Verdes. Pretty much none of my HS classmates are still in socal.

I think white guys like more peace and quiet and elbow room than they can afford in So Cal.

StaccatoFan and Boman Forklift like this.
  3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Charlize.

Attached Files:

4. Dave Wolfe

Margot Robbie's bathtub scene

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  5. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Aprilia V4 going to redline in at least 5 gears
    Browning Hi-Power pistol

CBRRRRR999 and scottn like this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Wow, what a nice area to grow up, I would think. I’ve only been there a couple times. The only negative I see to that area is how far it is from the freeway, it seems like it would take forever to get to work, etc. Similar to living in Laguna Beach and dealing with the summer tourist traffic.

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I spent a bunch of time there before Toyota left for TX. Seems like every mid level exec lived in that area. I’m sure it’s nothing compared to some places but $5k a month for a 2500 sq ft a decade ago seemed outrageous to me. Especially when they traveled non stop and only saw that ocean view sporadically. Nice I’m sure if you actually lived or raised a family there. Going from that to Iowa would seem deranged though… you ok @Dave Wolfe :D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
    Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

1981 RM-125

9. Dave Wolfe

My family moved there in '78 maybe? It was pretty much way out in the sticks and not all that pricey of a neighborhood at the time. Since then theyve put a house on every square inch.

I was on the side facing Torrance so the drive to the 110 or 405 was 10 or 20 minutes.

27 likes this.
  10. Dave Wolfe

27 - I realized I need to live somewhere where it's green and there's tons of cute blond women.

Iowa is Perfect!

27 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Those aren't women, they're cornstalks and the silk coming out of the ears hasn't turned brown yet... :D

SuddenBraking and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So, for you, those big corn fed Iowa farm girls are perfection.

13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Band of Brothers
    SRV - Austin City Limits 1989
    Spies vs Haga - Assen 2009
    Midway
    Kate Middleton
    1992 ZX-7R
    AIC - Dirt
    AC/DC - Shoot to Thrill

motoboy likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Having grown up in Illinois, and then moving to Dallas Tx in 85, let me assure you, there are many more beautiful blondes in Texas than Iowa has people. :D

However the standards are much lower in the Midwest, so you got that going for you. :crackup:

In the Midwest, it is much easier to meet girls or at least it was back then. I remember when dating in high school or college, if you had a car, and could speak, you were desirable.

In Dallas you had to up your game a bit, but the women were beautiful and some would throw themselves at you. Plus I REALLY loved a southern accent on a woman.

In California, I didn’t get laid for the first 10-12 months I was there. That was my longest dry spell since being a virgin and California was a really tough nut to crack.

I still remember the chick. She was older, mid 30’s and I was 26. She drove a Porsche 911 with a stick, owned her own company, and lived close to the beach just north of LaJolla. Back then I didn’t care about any of that, other than I remember thinking it was cool she drove a sports car.

I had a good job and made good money myself. It didn’t even cross my mind, hey this woman is an entrepreneur, you could learn a lot hanging with her. I think we only got together 2-3 times over the next 6 months. Either I wasn’t that good or she just wanted a little boy toy for a minute.

15. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Perfection:
    Pre-64 Winchester Model 70, in .30-06. Perfection in a package that goes bang.

969 and ORIF like this.
  16. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

That explains it :)

17. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Emily Ratajkowski ain't far off...
    Screenshot (491).png

18. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Hearing my TZ250 while rolling around on it...

Razr and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Tons? That's about of those Iowa gals. :D

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

hey Ken, big Rhonda is from your state… ;) I think anywhere corn grows has their version

Ironically I’ve only ever known one Rhonda. She too was from Wisconsin and from Osh Kosh b gosh actually. She had a purple mowhawk, punk style not woke, and was as cool as the cats meow, and fit as a fiddle.

kenessex likes this.