1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People Suck

Discussion in 'General' started by Sideshow, Jan 25, 2012.

1. puckwhore

puckwhore Well-Known Member

Bet you get the job!

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hmm, didn't see the part where you filed the police report. I hope the church comes correct for you. Hehe I'd like to know how they persuaded the guard to fess up too. Besides video of course lol.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

But that's not good for entertainment value.

4. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i'll bet you a box of Scooby SnacksĀ© if you pull that security guard's mask off it's El Ron under there. :D

bet me. i dare ya

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yes. You're quite right. I don't know what I was thinkin'.

:D

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Maybe he was asked to ride his bike because it was cheaper on gas then a company truck? Or maybe the truck was on another job? Just speculation but it really doesn't matter why he was asked. The fact is that the guard screwed his bike up and the Church that employed said guard should fix the bike. Not like the CoS doesn't have the money.

7. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

I was asked to use my bike when at all possible because we don't have enough work trucks at the moment.

As for me saying " take off" in my world it means to go get measurements on metal I need to fab. Footage and dimensions of the metal I am replacing.

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Something to think about is if the security guard is actually working for the chrurch. If not, he may be with a different group.

I would not be surprised if the church tries to stick it on the security guard if such is the case.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Guards company - church or otherwise - should have some sort of insurance to cover it.

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I hope he's paying you $.50+ per mile (or whatever the going rate is). If not, document it and write it off as an unreimbursed business expense.

11. Sideshow

Nope. I told my president since my vehicle was damaged I would be using the company truck until my bike was fixed.

As for the security guard. He works for the church. I will be going there tomorrow if I can and see if I can get this situation worked out.

12. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Funny, I did a roof on a Scientology building 20 years ago, but my motorcycle survived the incident.

13. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

"Tom Cruise use your witchcraft!" and make it all right!

(Ricky Bobby quote for those that don't know, not Dungeon related.)

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I guess Cruise and Travolta knew you were a lost cause.:D This guy, they think they can help.

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Had to. :D

Hope you get the perpetrator.

16. gman350

gman350 Well-Known Member

Those people will do anything to get you on their mailing list won't they?

You'd better go buy a bigger trash can for all the junk mail they'll be sending you.

17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Sorry I wasn't more clear. What I was trying to say, prior to your bike being damaged, and after it is fixed, if you're taking your own vehicle to jobsites rather than taking the company truck, they should be paying you for mileage on your own personal vehicle. If they aren't, keep track of your miles and you can deduct that on your expenses, assuming you itemize.

18. Sideshow

Upadate. Well the security Guard " Murry" had changed his story. He claimed he went to have gone to my bike , but didn't touch it. He says he walked away and around 5 minutes later it fell on it's on.

This was his story as of the end of January . I had a COS guy come up to me yesterday and told me Murry is in big trouble. Not for what happened to my bike, but lying about it.

The COS guy tells me they reviewed the tape and he went over it himself. He tells me Murry is on tape playing ith my handlebars moving them back and forth. Murry then lets go of the bike to walk away. He made it about 3' and the bike fell. Murry then picks up the bike, looks around and then leaves.

I ask the guy " Nick ". "So what are we going to do about it? " He tells me to give them a few weeks and I'll be receiving a check.

Glad someone stepped up to take responsibility for this. I do want to kill Murry though . Just for the fact of being a lying piece of shit.

Damages to replace everything comes up to $1400.00 just in parts . I'll do all the work myself.

19. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Me and my buddy just had a discussion about people "doing the right thing"

hes quote is "Expect the worst of people, and you will never be disappointed"

My car door got dinged 2 weeks ago...luckily i washed it the day before and there was no damage and caught it the next day, so the only time it could have gotten hit was in my driveway when family came over. G/f grandfather drives a white PT cruiser, the door ding has white paint scuffs.

So nobody said anything for two days and when i finally blew up to my g/f about it, the grandfather admitted to hitting my car and not saying anything because he was "ashamed". This was said to my g/fs aunt, not me.

its been two weeks and i still havent gotten an apology from him. I dont expect any sort of financial compensation. Its a 10 year old car, but i am extremely pissed that he did that way after i gave him food and shelter for the weekend. Man the fuck up and say you did it! I'll be pissed about it but it will pass and we can shake hands and say "shit happens" to each other.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Murray ain't gonna do well on his next audit.