1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pellet Grills

Discussion in 'General' started by SuddenBraking, Jul 14, 2019.

1. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Weird. I have way overly sensetive taste buds and can pick out flavors very well. I used to taste lighter fluid with any brand charcoal bricks until I gave them a lot of time to burn it off. Once I did that I haven't tasted it in years

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

SOP, well at least for me, is to allow the charcoal to turn white before I add any form of dead animal.

bored&stroked likes this.
  3. Hold on a minute here, you use lighter fluid?

4. That’s not cheating, that’s efficiency. And cheating but when you are not going to be around for some time it becomes necessary.

5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

LOTS of it. If it doesn't "whoosh" when it lights your doing it like an old man.

badmoon692008 and JBall like this.
  6. Damn young whipper snappers. Use a chimney, heck I’d even take an electric starter over that - for cooking. Lighter fluid has its place but not near food. I’ve been known pull off a successful Joe Dirt style Roman candle fire lighting a few times. Old VP and Roman candles make for a “safe” lighting.

7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I use a chimney and a torch, fast and easy. :)

8. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

Use good Lump Charcoal, it burns hotter, longer and doesn't have any lighter fluid in it.
    At home I use a $10 coil starter you can get at any department store with grills just about.
    Takes like 10 mins or less to get it going. When camping the cooking oil and a paper towel work great.

9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I consider the coil starter but like to practice my fire starting skills.

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That’s because the lighter fluid burned your taste buds off!