1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pay to play

Discussion in 'General' started by Rdrace42, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, need to look into it. Maybe after my nap. Or tomorrow.

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That's where my heads at (and what I was trying to allude to with post #92). Gamify it, where I post something and in order to respond with something politically motivated people have to pay $5/post.........with some people drinking on here and taking their politics very seriously, you could make $100+ from one person in a night.

My company does this kind of thing (setting up storefronts for people to sell custom clothing). It's all drop shipped and printed on demand so there's no inventory risk. Buying in bulk and shipping them out yourself is a fairly antiquated business practice in custom apparel these days.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah it's come a long long way from the old school days of custom tees that were just block print :D

4. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Paying for classifieds on here would never work. Yes this is a huge avenue for parts and bikes but the free market of posting to Facebook/ Facebook groups would take over. Imo

Look at EBay and how Craigslist and Facebook market place killed it.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oddly our paid classifieds site worked great. Wasn't a huge amount of income but it was enough to cover the power bill at the office usually.

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Are the classifieds no longer a paid service?

When did that happen?

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

A few years ago.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When either the site or the server we used shut down. Couple few years ago now.